UConn Football GM Preston Pehrson and a Winning Culture (Haggan @ UConn SI) | The Boneyard

UConn Football GM Preston Pehrson and a Winning Culture (Haggan @ UConn SI)

Reaction Score

-> I asked Coach Pehrson what the staff’s plans were in recruiting. Were they going to put the main focus on in-state talent, or was the plan to venture out and try to sign some of the higher- profile guys from the larger football states like Texas, Florida and California. He said, “Our focus is bringing guys in that understand the culture, that understand what we’re trying to build, what a great opportunity this is, not just athletically but academically.”

He followed that up by saying of in-state talent, “Even though they are from Connecticut, we still need to fight for them. We aren’t just going to land them because they are in-state.” <-

->As we were concluding our interview, Coach Pehrson and I talked a bit about our kids and the campus. I loved what I got out of that part of our interview, even though it was not football related. I told him how I am on campus all the time with my daughter walking around the campus. He talked to me about how the coaching staff is with each other’s kids and families. I got a great sense of camaraderie from it all.

He said, “If you come up and get close to our building you will probably come across a lot of the coaches’ kids. Coach Mora has done a great job with that as well, making our families welcome and letting them be around. I’ve been places where staff had said just wives, but here my son is drinking out of a normal glass at 22 months old spilling all over and Coach Mora is talking to him and he’s on the phone looking at things with my daughter. It’s a great atmosphere for the families too which is exciting.” <-

Reaction Score
One thing I'll give Edsall is he always had tight groups. They always played hard for each other. It seems Mora is building on that mentality and bringing "this is your family away from home" type of feel. Seems like the coaches are meshing really well and I think that's going to translate really well on the field. It helps with communication, it creates an inviting/welcoming environment and I think in the long run leads to a winning culture again.

Reaction Score
I think we will have a different way of thinking this coming year. I am on board with the Jim Mora hire and I think it will be a great season this year.

Reaction Score
For RE 1.0 I would agree. For RE 2.0, that is debatable at best.
Ok you got me there, but Spanos at least started that mentality again. Even when the team was getting blown out last year, they looked like they were giving it there all. The players played hard for Spanos last year and I expect having him back is going to pay huge dividends next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom