UConn Football - future OOC scheduling | The Boneyard

UConn Football - future OOC scheduling

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
With the Hurley hiring done and Edsall's control of the football program seemingly stabilized, maybe AD David Benedict will get around to filling a couple holes in the future football non conference scheduling. Kids we are recruiting for 2019 could be around through 2023! So what we schedule has some relevance to the recruits (as many as six games to be scheduled for a 5 year kid).

And if anyone asks, no update on that suspended Tennessee series. Maybe all that regime change down there will result in a conclusion one way or the other this summer.

UConn Huskies Football Schedules | Future Schedules

What's known:
Boise -away
URI - home
Syracuse -away
UMass - home

Wagner - home
Illinois - home
Indiana - away
UMass - away

Insert FCS game here <--I wouldn't mind Maine, UNH, Stony Brook or Villanova (outside choices - Delaware or Towson)
Umass - home
Illinois - away
Indiana - home

Holy Cross - home
Clemson - away
UMass - away
Insert P5 game here <--Again, could really use a game that sells. Anyway we could land Michigan again as part of a broader package that included hockey, WBB and MBB tie ins?
I like Vandy (for SEC), Rutgers or Syracuse in this slot as well.

Insert FCS game here
NC State - away
Boston College - away
Insert P5 game here <--We need a home game that sells. I know Malloy wont allow it, but BYU sells tickets

Insert FCS game here
NC State - home
Boston College - home
Insert P5 game here <--This will have to be a road game. Syracuse? Rutty? Vandy road game? Maybe a conf USA road game? Colorado State? Dont want to bother with MAC teams again.

Last edited:

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I like the B1G games. UCONN is a B1G school in the making. Play them, beat them, join them.

Reaction Score
I kind of hope Tennessee just buys us out. We could use the money and they clearly don't want to play us

What do you think specifically changes if they buy us out? What exactly does the money do?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
What do you think specifically changes if they buy us out? What exactly does the money do?

If it does nothing but keep the BCU 2023 game at the Rent, it's worth it...

Reaction Score
If it does nothing but keep the BCU 2023 game at the Rent, it's worth it...

If we are in such dire straits we would need that money too.

Listen - I get that we aren't in the best situation, but people keep acting like we are on the verge of shuttering the athletic department without any evidence of such.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If we are in such dire straits we would need that money too.

Listen - I get that we aren't in the best situation, but people keep acting like we are on the verge of shuttering the athletic department without any evidence of such.
Oh really? Randy has to make his own shakes and does his own coffee runs.:eek:

Reaction Score
It gets a team on the schedule that will actually commit to a date to play and we get some money for nothing? It seems like a win-win. Playing Tennessee does nothing for us.

Reaction Score
I honestly believe that the 2020 season will be a successful one on the field. Everyday that goes by gets us closer to being back to that point and returning to a top 30-40 program. Some might think that is mediocre but consistently winning, making bowl games and producing an impressive list of NFL pros shouldn't be derided or ridiculed. We should be proud of that.

Reaction Score
I honestly believe that the 2020 season will be a successful one on the field. Everyday that goes by gets us closer to being back to that point and returning to a top 30-40 program. Some might think that is mediocre but consistently winning, making bowl games and producing an impressive list of NFL pros shouldn't be derided or ridiculed. We should be proud of that.
I agree with this and also that you need to get here in order to get to the Top 20 from time to time. Unless we have one of those remarkable runs, like 9-0 going into the home stretch, the best way to get into the top 25 is to regularly win 8 games, go to bowls and win. Then when we have an above average year we get consideration. The other thing is that we need a schedule that enables that. While playing Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State is a nice thought winning is more important at this point. And if this transition works UCF will be a regular Top 15 team and Houston and USF have potential to be top 20. Now that they seem to have made a coaching transition without falling off a cliff(see Temple) Memphis could be a long term contender too. We need to be with them.

Reaction Score
Would love to see some more B1Gs scheduled. It’s really where we belong as a matter of institutional type and feel.

Reaction Score

I'd like to think we can get back into the 30-40 range but I doubt that will happen until the CR Gods smile on us, if they ever do. In the meantime I'll be satisfied finishing among the top 65, ahead of at least half of the other FBS programs.

Reaction Score
I'd like to think we can get back into the 30-40 range but I doubt that will happen until the CR Gods smile on us, if they ever do. In the meantime I'll be satisfied finishing among the top 65, ahead of at least half of the other FBS programs.

UCF, USF, Memphis, Tulsa, Navy, Houston and Temple (?) have all cracked top25 while in the AAC correct?

Reaction Score
I'd like to see UConn in the conference championship game in 2020 and still competing for it in the last couple weeks in 2019. That would be a nice step forward and might rekindle some interest from the fans. Fans will show up if there is there is something on the line.

Reaction Score
UCF, USF, Memphis, Tulsa, Navy, Houston and Temple (?) have all cracked top25 while in the AAC correct?

Since the demise of the Big East we have not been as good as any of those programs. It remains to be seen what we can become under RE but getting back to the 30-40 range, never mind cracking the top 25, while a member of the AAC would really surprise me. I think we need a major conference affiliation to get to that level.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Since the demise of the Big East we have not been as good as any of those programs. It remains to be seen what we can become under RE but getting back to the 30-40 range, never mind cracking the top 25, while a member of the AAC would really surprise me. I think we need a major conference affiliation to get to that level.
Why? Theoretically it would be harder to win games in a "major" conference and over half of our current league has been in the top 25 at one point in its current state.

# of AAC teams in final CFP top 25 last 3 years:

2015: 3
2016: 2
2017: 2

If we win games in this league we will get ranked. The problem is every time we play the good teams in this league we get pasted. I'm not sure how jumping to a "better" league changes that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom