UConn Football Coach Bob Diaco Attracted Some Interest From Other Schools (Des) | The Boneyard

UConn Football Coach Bob Diaco Attracted Some Interest From Other Schools (Des)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nothing earth shattering... http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-fottball-bob-diaco-1208-20151207-story.html

>>"I think team success creates those conversations. I love my job. And I love coaching this team, and I plan to do it for a long time."<<

>> Diaco was on the road last week recruiting and though he was not specific, he said, "It was very positive, there's a lot of love out there on the road for the Huskies, no question about that."<<

>>The Huskies are still working on the final details, but their plan is to be in Tampa on Dec. 20.<<

Reaction Score
Desmond Conner should not have tweeted that Diaco was in the Rutgers mix. At the time he tweeted that, it was obvious that RU was in the last strokes and that Diaco was not at the table. That was just too much.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I'm guessing this had to be Rutgers and 'Cuse, right?? Just putting their feelers out there to see. Especially since he was such a big name a couple of years ago, and had there been a lower P5 job open (ie: RU/Cuse/Pitt, etc.) Diaco would have surely been interveiwed. We know that he was linked to the BC job before they hired Addazzio. Again, I really think we're going to start seeing American Conference schools (just like we saw Houston do) put up serious $$$ to get and then keep their talented HC's when they have them. Tom Herman could build a nice perenial competitor down there in Houston. Same goes for Diaco here at UConn- the school and state backs him and the program, and getting this thing back on the map and on the right track the possibilities are huge. P5 has to be the goal, and in order to get a possible invite from the AAC or B1G we're going to need a serious football program. With Diaco at the helm we are building towards that goal.

Reaction Score
Dez, can't blame him for trying to stir the pot and maybe gain a follower or two. Not really believable for an 8 - 16 coach.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Dez, can't blame him for trying to stir the pot and maybe gain a follower or two. Not really believable for an 8 - 16 coach.

Does he still cover Uconn Football? I thought left to go back to his beloved Cuse.

In all honesty, living in Columbus Ohio and trying to read what he puts out there shows what little he knows about being a football beat writer. Most of what he has to say are threads of ideas from others. Nothing ever important or interesting.... he's just Dez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom