UConn Football Announces Annual Team Awards | The Boneyard

UConn Football Announces Annual Team Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Football Announces Annual Team Awards - University of Connecticut Athletics

>>The UConn football team announced its annual team awards on Sunday evening and senior quarterback David Pindell was honored as the team's Most Valuable Player and Offensive Player of the Year.<<

>>Senior linebacker Santana Sterling was selected as the Defensive Player of the Year after seeing action in all 12 games. Sterling was second on the team with 80 tackles and his 7.0 tackles for loss led the squad. For his efforts, Sterling was also presented with the Jasper T. Howard Award for best exemplifying Howard's famous credo of "play every play like it's the last play you'll ever play." <<

>>Redshirt freshman punter Luke Magliozzi was named Special Teams Player of the Year after he set the UConn single-season record with a punting average of 42.94 yards per punt. He ended the season with 12 punts over 50 yards and 19 of his kicks resulted in the opposing team beginning a drive inside their own 20-yard line.<<

>>Quarterback Brandon Bisack took home the John L. Toner Scholar Athlete Award, recognizing a senior member of the program that has demonstrated outstanding academic performance and citizenship while making a significant contribution to the overall success of the team.<<

>>Redshirt senior center Ryan Crozier was honored as the Joseph M. Giannelli Unsung Hero Award after he started all 12 games in the middle of UConn's offensive line and helped the Huskies produce a pair of 1,000-yard rushers for the first time since 2009. <<

>>Senior wide receiver Kyle Buss earned the Kendall Madison Award, which is given to a strong player whose dedication, hard work and outstanding citizenship best exemplify the strong spirit of the UConn Huskies.<<

>>Senior tight end Aaron McLean was presented with the Brian Kozlowski Award, which is earned by the player who is the most courageous, hardworking and productive on the team.<<

>>Finally, redshirt junior Matt Peart was chosen as the winner of the Alumni Award, which is presented to a senior who is the manifestation of the ultimate team player.Peart started all 12 games at right tackle and helped the Huskies produce a pair of 1,000-yard rushers for the first time since 2009.<<

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Congrats to all these young men! They all deserve these accolades, and I wish them the best going forward.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Did we really rush for over 2000 yds this season? If we played defense we probably would have won a few games.

Reaction Score
We gave out an award on the defensive side of the ball? Really?

Had we put it down on the table and someone knocked it over and it started rolling, I doubt anyone in the room could have kept it from leaving the banquet hall.

Reaction Score
The team 1 game and the Football team is giving out awards smh.

Reaction Score
Don't think I was crying...I think I am in disbelief they are actually giving awards to a team who won 1 game.
Maybe because some of the team played harder and wanted to win. Don't you think the players who were extraordinary should get an award? I do, because maybe others will say I want to win it next!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom