UConn football: A long way to go (J.Silver) | The Boneyard

UConn football: A long way to go (J.Silver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://post original url/qnOConLuaK

WTF?????

"* There were some peculiar calls during the game. Diaco went for a fake field goal in the third quarter down 28-7 (I loved the risk), then kicked a 40-yarder at 28-7 in the fourth quarter, which Bobby Puyol made. That was kind of bipolar decision there. the fake field goal is because you are trying to get the TD to win the game. You need it. You needed it even more in the fourth. The reason he kicked it was to give Puyol work at the right hash. That might be so, but the Huskies needed three scores there and the field goal didn’t help.

* The Huskies played a bunch of players, 50 on offense and defense, and Diaco did laud the fact there was no false starts, no delay of games and things of that ilk. Indeed, with that many players playing, the was impressive. But, some players were caught out of position and some of the backups did struggle with the top shelf talent of BYU. How much that changes in future weeks is worth watching.

* Diaco liked the 2 QB look. He said he was pleased with the play. There is a lot to clean up and I loathe pulling a quarterback mid-drive. The Huskies were 2-5 in the red zone."

Reaction Score
WTF?????

"* There were some peculiar calls during the game. Diaco went for a fake field goal in the third quarter down 28-7 (I loved the risk), then kicked a 40-yarder at 28-7 in the fourth quarter, which Bobby Puyol made. That was kind of bipolar decision there. the fake field goal is because you are trying to get the TD to win the game. You need it. You needed it even more in the fourth. The reason he kicked it was to give Puyol work at the right hash. That might be so, but the Huskies needed three scores there and the field goal didn’t help.

* The Huskies played a bunch of players, 50 on offense and defense, and Diaco did laud the fact there was no false starts, no delay of games and things of that ilk. Indeed, with that many players playing, the was impressive. But, some players were caught out of position and some of the backups did struggle with the top shelf talent of BYU. How much that changes in future weeks is worth watching.

* Diaco liked the 2 QB look. He said he was pleased with the play. There is a lot to clean up and I loathe pulling a quarterback mid-drive. The Huskies were 2-5 in the red zone."

I take it this is the first thread you chose to read?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I hope no one expected a complete transformation. I was pleased by the RB's and the LB's. The discipline on the OLine was decent enough.

I have hope that he cupboard isn't bare.

2 QB was cute. Now make a decision. Organizationally it has to be done. He has to piss someone off. It's life. Make a decision and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom