UConn Football '17:The New Offense-Only Way To Go Is Up As Lashlee Pilots Fast Paced Offense(Mike A) | The Boneyard

UConn Football '17:The New Offense-Only Way To Go Is Up As Lashlee Pilots Fast Paced Offense(Mike A)

Reaction Score

>>"We believe in balance," said Lashlee, a quarterback at Arkansas in 2002-04 who has spent most of his career working with Auburn coach Gus Malzahn. "Sometimes people think balance is 50/50 run/pass, but really balance is taking what the defense gives you. Sometimes that's run, sometimes it's pass. We've got to be able to effectively run the football. Some games, if they're loading up the box and giving us one-on-one's on the perimeter, we have to effectively be able to throw the football. They go hand in hand. If you are one dimensional, it makes it a lot easier on a defense."<<

Reaction Score
If Lashlee runs the offense the way we think he's capable of, can AD David Benedict name him HCRE's successor sooner rather then later?

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If Lashlee runs the offense the way we think he's capable of, can AD David Benedict name him HCRE's predecessor sooner rather then later?

Sure, but it wont do any good. Lashlee will get an offer he can't refuse at the of this year or next year.

Really our best bet is to keep RE 2.0 around for a good 5 - 10 year run (because he's cheap and a supreme value!) and let him be a pro at finding FCS coaches to backfill the coordinator positions. More stories like Crocker is what we'll see.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If Lashlee runs the offense the way we think he's capable of, can AD David Benedict name him HCRE's predecessor sooner rather then later?
Unfortunately for us the title of HCRE2's predecessor belongs to Diaco. That is etched in stone.

Reaction Score
I should add that after listening for only a few minutes, it seems to me that these coordinators are most likely by far the best that UConn has ever had. I mean, they actually analyze rather than just go off and do what they have always done or what their preconceived notions tell them to do. What a concept!!

And I really like the emphasis on the quicker more athletic player. Gone is the "we are gonna establish the run first" mentality. Gone too is the prototypically shaped player. In their place, quickness, balance (gotta be able to do both), and take what they give us.

I may have to revise my season prediction.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom