UConn focused on getting touted freshman Stephon Castle adjusted to college game | The Boneyard

UConn focused on getting touted freshman Stephon Castle adjusted to college game

Reaction Score
“I think if he allows the coaching staff to be hard on him, let them bring out the best in him, I think he’ll really go to another level,” redshirt sophomore Alex Karaban said. “He has a talent, he has a physicality, he has everything that most freshmen aren’t gifted (with) when they come into college and he has all of that.”

Alternate access:
UConn men focused on getting touted freshman Stephon Castle adjusted to college game

Reaction Score
Have found it interesting that a few people close to Steph have said.. Will he let coaches coach him.. Is he coachable.. If he doesn't let his ego get in the way.. And understands that Danny/staff have his best interests at heart.. He'll kill it..

Reaction Score
I think when all is settled. The narrative should change to, Castle is the one that really get lucky to have AK, TN, and DC around for mentorship and positive influence.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Have found it interesting that a few people close to Steph have said.. Will he let coaches coach him.. Is he coachable.. If he doesn't let his ego get in the way.. And understands that Danny/staff have his best interests at heart.. He'll kill it..
That opening sentence fragment.. With your proprietary punctuation.. I'm hearing your words.. Spoken aloud.. By Christopher Walken.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Poor kid can't even call home and vent and complain a little? Haha. That's what's best for him but man, cold blooded.

Reaction Score
Momma Castle wanted him at UConn so Stephon could be pushed and challenged. She wanted a no nonsense coach.

The family knows how good he is and how great he can become by having him play for the right program and having the right people coaching and pushing him.

Opening chess move by Hurley was not starting him in Europe.
Castle will end up being a great player.

Reaction Score
That opening sentence fragment.. With your proprietary punctuation.. I'm hearing your words.. Spoken aloud.. By Christopher Walken.
I busted his chops about it when he posted as @greygoose, and he seemed to take it as constructive criticism, stopping for a while. Needless to say, he, like Whoopi in Sister Act 2, is back in the habit.

Reaction Score
Momma Castle wanted him at UConn so Stephon could be pushed and challenged. She wanted a no nonsense coach.

The family knows how good he is and how great he can become by having him play for the right program and having the right people coaching and pushing him.

Opening chess move by Hurley was not starting him in Europe.
Castle will end up being a great player.
IMG_9089.jpeg

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I busted his chops about it when he posted as @greygoose, and he seemed to take it as constructive criticism, stopping for a while. Needless to say, he, like Whoopi in Sister Act 2, is back in the habit.
I also was initially surprised, skeptical, and critical during his earliest posts, but in response to my referring to him with what I'd always mispronounced and written as "unami," he was quite gentlemanly in educating me upwards to the correct "umami." I appreciated how that humanized our interactions thereafter.

Today's Comment genuinely reflected that Christopher Walken came to mind.

I've noted a recent uptick in his use of a double period-as-pause, and I still find it odd, but I also value @Umami Zen 's Boneyard presence and contribution.

Reaction Score
There are some .. Who understand.. That a double dot is a completion of a thought.. And then moving on to the next thought within the context of a particular response to a poster's message.. Not too difficult to navigate in the grand scheme of things.. If you think about it..

Understand you have your own narrative on stuff.. Keep being you.. Crickets

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I also was initially surprised, skeptical, and critical during his earliest posts, but in response to my referring to him with what I'd always mispronounced and written as "unami," he was quite gentlemanly in educating me upwards to the correct "umami." I appreciated how that humanized our interactions thereafter.

Today's Comment genuinely reflected that Christopher Walken came to mind.

I've noted a recent uptick in his use of a double period-as-pause, and I still find it odd, but I also value @Umami Zen 's Boneyard presence and contribution.
Thanks for your support.. I have found that social media stylistic communication is frequently different than the written word that we were taught as young guys... How about you??

Reaction Score
There are some .. Who understand.. That a double dot is a completion of a thought.. And then moving on to the next thought within the context of a particular response to a poster's message.. Not too difficult to navigate in the grand scheme of things.. If you think about it..

Understand you have your own narrative on stuff.. Keep being you.. Crickets
angry christopher walken GIF

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thanks for your support.. I have found that social media stylistic communication is frequently different than the written word that we were taught as young guys... How about you??
After quickly scrolling up to the top of the screen and verify that we've shifted rather far away from the OP, I'll say that most here traffic heavily in their own opinions; some like to build arguments on what would seem to be their own facts; and others go for their own punctuation, if not merely their own stylistic tics & flourishes. My run-on sentence above - with its triplet joined by two semi-colons - attests to and agrees with your double question-marked comment.

Final digressionary note: I do not regret my attentions being diverted to Rosanna Arquette, and had never even heard of "Search and Destroy" before the first Walken GIF posted above. I'm kind of intrigued by a commercial & critical failure directed by then-hot painter David Salle and featuring a stellar cast. It appears to have a small group of fans who love the movie and consider it a misunderstood classic.

Back to Stephen Castle (fingers crossed)...

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I feel compelled to say that just because there are quotes in the press about a freshman needing to let coaches coach them doesn't mean that Castle is headstrong. Adjusting to the next level is a process everyone goes through and the comments should only be taken as an indication for how high the expectations are on the kid, not how well he's responding to coaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom