UCONN figure 8 condition test | The Boneyard

UCONN figure 8 condition test

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Set up 5 cones: free throw line – between free
Throw and half court- half court- between half
Court and far free throw- far free throw line.
Start on Right Side of cone 1 and sprint to the
Left side of cone 5. Stay low and run around
Cone 5 sprinting back around cone 1. Continue
Sprinting in figure 8 pattern for 30 sec. Have
A partner record the total number of trips with
The point values assigned. Example: in 30 sec
You were able to go around cone 5 three times
And you made it to half court by the 30sec mark
You received a point total of 5.5. Rest for 30 sec
Then repeat 8 more times. Record the points you
Received for each trial.

OMG what a local loops crusher! I don't know if this is THE conditioning test but it is one UCONN uses. To see all of the UCONN men's and women's physical drills and conditioning see the following website. It is in MS-Powerpoint format but can be converted to a PDF. Wow! If they do all this it is no wonder why they are fresh in the fourth quarter. GOOGLE "uconn women's basketball conditioning test" Scan down the results look for
Men's and Women's Basketball Conditioning Drills. - Deposoft Actually I guess I just gave you the URL. You will see a window requesting to download the PPT. Download and open. If you don't have MS-PPT or OpenOfficeDraw, I can convert it to a PDF. BUT someone will have to tell me how ... NEVERMIND I attached the PDF to this post. See bb-conditioning below.

I don't know what year this was posted. I must admit I did not expect so much detail. There are detail diagrams but ... CD is a bit OCD. ;)

Attachments

• bb-conditioning.pdf
    435.4 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
Reaction Score
YIKES...I was tired just reading the pdf...lol

Very impressive as far as stamina measurements go. Those drills will test your metal...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Set up 5 cones: free throw line – between free
Throw and half court- half court- between half
Court and far free throw- far free throw line.
Start on Right Side of cone 1 and sprint to the
Left side of cone 5. Stay low and run around
Cone 5 sprinting back around cone 1. Continue
Sprinting in figure 8 pattern for 30 sec. Have
A partner record the total number of trips with
The point values assigned. Example: in 30 sec
You were able to go around cone 5 three times
And you made it to half court by the 30sec mark
You received a point total of 5.5. Rest for 30 sec
Then repeat 8 more times. Record the points you
Received for each trial.

OMG what a local loops crusher! I don't know if this is THE conditioning test but it is one UCONN uses. To see all of the UCONN men's and women's physical drills and conditioning see the following website. It is in MS-Powerpoint format but can be converted to a PDF. Wow! If they do all this it is no wonder why they are fresh in the fourth quarter. GOOGLE "uconn women's basketball conditioning test" Scan down the results look for
Men's and Women's Basketball Conditioning Drills. - Deposoft Actually I guess I just gave you the URL. You will see a window requesting to download the PPT. Download and open. If you don't have MS-PPT or OpenOfficeDraw, I can convert it to a PDF. BUT someone will have to tell me how ... NEVERMIND I attached the PDF to this post. See bb-conditioning below.

I don't know what year this was posted. I must admit I did not expect so much detail. There are detail diagrams but ... CD is a bit OCD. ;)
Serious question: Besides the details is any of this surprising to you?

Reaction Score

No.
My son used to play soccer and I got dozens of skill and endurance drills on the internet.
The Gordons must have known (and perhaps practised) many such drill sets.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

I never went through anything this thorough in HS football and basketball. College baseball never even close. Training with my roommate, our cross country ace, was as close as I came to this. I guess jogging and running 2.5 miles each school day was tough particularly running uphill going home after practice. But NO nothing like this at all. No wonder I was such a failure at college wrestling. Those dudes were exercising at this level since 6th grade. I am seriously impressed with the UCONN women. By the way when I played sports ARPANET wasn't even a gleam in anyone's eye let alone the Internet. Outside of Boy's Life magazine, I just assumed the coaches were end all be all for exercise.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I never went through anything this thorough in HS football and basketball. College baseball never even close. Training with my roommate, our cross country ace, was as close as I came to this. I guess jogging and running 2.5 miles each school day was tough particularly running uphill going home after practice. But NO nothing like this at all. No wonder I was such a failure at college wrestling. Those dudes were exercising at this level since 6th grade. I am seriously impressed with the UCONN women. By the way when I played sports ARPANET wasn't even a gleam in anyone's eye let alone the Internet. Outside of Boy's Life magazine, I just assumed the coaches were end all be all for exercise.

My toughest track practices involved 4 miles of sprints -- 8 400's, 8 200's, 15 100's. [This was in the early days of ARPANET, so they were actually 440's etc.] This was on top of the distance base and warming down. I think I didn't have to do do jumping and javelin on those days, which were thankfully just a few per year.

Way back when, the words metal, medal, and mettle were all spelled the same. Test your mettle came from testing metal, as in IIRC, the hardness or toughness of armor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ry7

Top Bottom