UCONN Field Hockey advances to National Title game! Beats UNC in penalty strokes | The Boneyard

UCONN Field Hockey advances to National Title game! Beats UNC in penalty strokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anybody else going? I didn't realize they are in Norfolk which is only about an hour from me, will be there Sunday

Reaction Score
Great win by the Huskies; but, I do feel for that last shot-taker for UNC, I have been on the losing side of PK shoot-outs in soccer and it sucks.

Reaction Score
In 1981 I was a student at UConn. I remember wandering by the field hockey national championship game between UConn and UMass that was played on the Storrs campus. I ended up stopping and watching much of the second half of that game (from the hill overlooking the old football stadium), with UConn winning its first national championship game in any sport at the time. I find it an odd but fun memory. To this day it remains the only field hockey game I have seen in person.

Field hockey has been one of the most consistently good sports program over the years at UConn. Who cares if it isn't football. It would be great for them to pick up another national championship for the Huskies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In 1981 I was a student at UConn. I remember wandering by the field hockey national championship game between UConn and UMass that was played on the Storrs campus. I ended up stopping and watching much of the second half of that game (from the hill overlooking the old football stadium), with UConn winning its first national championship game in any sport at the time. I find it an odd but fun memory. To this day it remains the only field hockey game I have seen in person.

Field hockey has been one of the most consistently good sports program over the years at UConn. Who cares if it isn't football. It would be great for them to pick up another national championship for the Huskies.
I was there. My roommate and I were coming back from the fieldhouse and watched the last couple minutes. When they started celebrating we ran out onto the field with girls jumping up and down and hugging everyone in sight, with no idea what was going on. I think we may have made the cover of the Daily Campus.

Reaction Score
Is this really not online anywhere? Can't find anything....

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
lrileysports
With the trophy #bleedblue pic.twitter.com/J0SOLxnAKl
BZ3vB8cCUAAilL3.jpg:large

Reaction Score

I was there too! It was the first semester of my freshman year. We also won the national championship in soccer that semester. What a great start to college!

Congrats to this year's team!!!

Reaction Score
Congrats Huskies, great job breaking-up the ACC dominance in this sport (only 4th non ACC team to win it since 2000).

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Congrats to the FH squad - I believe that's 16 national champions since 1981.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Here is a nice wrap up by Emily Noonan on our Champion Huskies:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here is a nice wrap up by Emily Noonan on our Champion Huskies:

First, I love these. I thought Emily's gig was kind of lame when it was first introduced but now I am a big fan.

What language Sarah Mansfield speaking in her first clip?

Seriously congrats to the team on our 3rd FH NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom