UConn FB Bobbleheads | The Boneyard

UConn FB Bobbleheads

Reaction Score
020.jpg

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
The press release says 10/28 is Orlovsky and 11/4 is Brown but the picture has them flipped. Asked them to clarify the dates

Reaction Score
I wonder how many they are making? You want it to be enough that a good sized crowd is in their seats early but not so many that people will assume they can get one no matter when they arrive.

Reaction Score
This is a good idea. The Jonathan one looks like it'd get more attention than the others. I feel like there'd be a ton of kids that would want one of those and get to a game early, but the others are neat too. Been to a couple bobblehead days at Yankee Stadium this year already and the lines that form outside are YUGE! I can't argue, fan give-aways work. Bat day is ridiculous down there.. and even better because it's 18,000 kids under the age of 12 running around swinging full sized lumber accidentally hitting strangers :)

Reaction Score
I wonder how many they are making? You want it to be enough that a good sized crowd is in their seats early but not so many that people will assume they can get one no matter when they arrive.

Question is: Are they handing them out upon entry to the stadium, or are they leaving boxes by the gates in the 3rd quarter as has been done in the past. I'm a season ticket holder. I'd just as soon UConn mail mine to my house rather than fret that they will be swiped up by early exiters.

Reaction Score
They really should be promoting/selling Jonathan at some point. Give the HCRE's to Season Ticket holders and make Jonathan available to kids all over the Tri-State. Zero sense in that.

Reaction Score
So this morning's Hartford Courant stated that the bobble heads would be a limited supply (no number given) & would by issued on a first come, first serve

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This is a great idea to get folks into the stadium on time! I think it's an awesome move to give the season ticket holders the Jonathan one. It would have been real easy to ignore that core base of fans and make that one given out on a first come first served basis against HC.

Would be great to have DB at the game for his bobblehead. Would say the same about Dan but he has more important matters to attend to now that he's signed with the Rams!

Reaction Score
Any season ticket holder wanna sell me the jonathan?
Gotta put out an offer that would entice one. If I was a ticket holder, I'd sell you mine for the right $$$.

Reaction Score
Gotta put out an offer that would entice one. If I was a ticket holder, I'd sell you mine for the right $$$.
like 15 or less but im open to counter offers

Reaction Score
Question is: Are they handing them out upon entry to the stadium, or are they leaving boxes by the gates in the 3rd quarter as has been done in the past. I'm a season ticket holder. I'd just as soon UConn mail mine to my house rather than fret that they will be swiped up by early exiters.

The mailing would be extra labor and also cost for mailing. $$$$$

Also they are trying to get people into the stadium early, not leave early. I would think they will hand they out upon entering the stadium.

Reaction Score
The mailing would be extra labor and also cost for mailing. $$$$$

Also they are trying to get people into the stadium early, not leave early. I would think they will hand they out upon entering the stadium.

I would assume that they would actually be mailed. The Jonathon ones for Season ticket holders's are only for ones ordered before the April deadline, so short of a spreadsheet checking off everyone they hand out at a booth it would be a nightmare getting it to those particular people. I'm sure they could arrange them to be shipped straight from manufacturer, which would still cost some dough, but cheaper than all being shipped to one location to then be shipped to end user. Or they hand them out at the Rent BBQ in August as a way to get more people to attend that event.

Reaction Score
Also willing to trade this AWESOME chompers bobblehead from the yard goats game for a Jonathan*. Who can resist such an offer?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom