UConn "Fans" | The Boneyard

UConn "Fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm sure I've posted something like this in the past but I simply don't get UConn "fans" that decide some player on the team is not up to their standards and not only rip them personally, but generally get satisfaction when they don't play well.

The entire "See, I told you player X sucks and I was right." with a little self chest bump is just so foreign to me.

I get that some players are challenged in areas or don't play as well as I would like, but I'm never happy when they don't play as well as they should or could.

Things like calling Purvis a Buick are just so anti UConn fan that I can't wrap my head around.

It's fine to be critical but to call players useless or receive enjoyment from their failures just wreaks of someone who is miserable in their own life.

I could point out a few posters who make this list regularly, but I won't and would suggest that maybe those posters think a little more and clean up their shtick.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Other than the fans of other teams pretending to be UConn fans I really don't think anyone wants anyone to struggle.

They are just venting.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm sure I've posted something like this in the past but I simply don't get UConn "fans" that decide some player on the team is not up to their standards and not only rip them personally, but generally get satisfaction when they don't play well.

The entire "See, I told you player X sucks and I was right." with a little self chest bump is just so foreign to me.

I get that some players are challenged in areas or don't play as well as I would like, but I'm never happy when they don't play as well as they should or could.

Things like calling Purvis a Buick are just so anti UConn fan that I can't wrap my head around.

It's fine to be critical but to call players useless or receive enjoyment from their failures just wreaks of someone who is miserable in their own life.

I could point out a few posters who make this list regularly, but I won't and would suggest that maybe those posters think a little more and clean up their shtick.

I have been a UConn fan since I was 5 yrs old and season ticket holder with my late father since 1968
If I want to call RP a Buick- so be it- I have nothing against him personally nor am I happy when he plays poorly
You have made negative statements on this forum as well as the chat
I appreciate your comments but nobody died and left you as the judge of a fan's context and content
I am content and happy with my life as I hope you enjoy the same.

Reaction Score
I have been a UConn fan since I was 5 yrs old and season ticket holder with my late father since 1968
If I want to call RP a Buick- so be it- I have nothing against him personally nor am I happy when he plays poorly
I appreciate your comments but nobody died and left you as the judge of a fan's context and content

It's just a really bizarre, entitled attitude to have. You wouldn't do any better. The kid owes YOU nothing. Would you say it to his face? Or would you realize how douchey that would be?

Reaction Score

Yea you are poor at judging someones personal life based on forum posts. You are not a very good psychologist because i am pretty miserable in life at the moment and I'd never want anyone to fail and enjoy it.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Wow - how to totally miss the point of the post.
I said it's fine to be critical, but not to rejoice in failure. I've made many comments in the chat where I said something like 'Samuel should never take another 3pt shot.' But I don't take personal satisfaction when he takes a three point shot and misses.

That was the point - understand now?

Reaction Score
Yea you are poor at judging someones personal life based on forum posts. You are not a very good psychologist because i am pretty miserable in life at the moment and I'd never want anyone to fail and enjoy it.

I think your posts have mirrored your state of mind.

Reaction Score
Only on The Bone Yard...Wow some really strange and convoluted / idiotic stuff here. The poster is called the smart one and the like is from a lawyer!!!
Free comidec relief ! You can't beat it....We're number one!!!

Reaction Score
Seriously, you are a loser. You are a bad fan. Nobody likes you.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

You can do it, just don't do it here.

jleves has my respect, and the respect of the other mods, and visitors. He has the keys to the site. You may not like it, but you will have to accept it as fact.

I, we, and they, all agree with his opinion. If this were not true, I'd pull the plug.

Bottom line: criticism is fine, but take the time to chose your words more carefully. Imagine the person, or a family member was in the room - and not just because that is often the case.

Reaction Score
its called truth, justice and the American way

its called do your job, do what you are here for

it called correct, factual info

if a scout or coach labels a dude a lamborgini; that dude better be impactful from opening tip; if he is not the source of the evaluation is crap; end of story

examine the heights of the current roster on official team program: are any exhibiting truth, justice and the American way; i dont think any are accurate in bare feet or sneakers

its just alot of smoke and mirror which is just an insult to fan base and it reeks fiasco industries inc.

me thinks the fotbal gridguyz corporation trying a hostile takeover of heavyhoopindustries with the increasing shananigans on 94 feater

the propaganda is always phase I

next we will hear when hoopindustries gets blown out the brass will state it was just a learning experience and scrimmage concept car, our placekicker needed a little live practice taking flops, we were not trying to win because we were on foreign soil and it was easier to put effort into gardening, we thank our hosts for supplying all our nutrient requirements, we luv our opponent because they partner with us to help us improve by kicking us off the precipice into the abyss and our locker room and shower stalls were inpeckerable.

Reaction Score
I've been guilty of negative criticism at times in the past. Now I ask myself would I say it to my kids, if I wouldn't I won't post it. Sometimes you need a wake up call.

Reaction Score
I don't mind the criticism. It is expected and sometimes deserved. Us Boneyarders are a passionate group. It's the constant bashing without any positive comments that pisses me off. Especially from those posters who claim to be fans of the team. However it's really only a few on here who act this way. The ones who after a great win against a tough Cinci team just comment on who played bad. To the rest, keep posting your observations. Face it when describing this team it's "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" And the good is we've won 5 out of our last 6 games, our defense is really good, and we've got a lot of guys who are contributing,

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Don't disagree with the sentiment generally, but kind of amazed that the insult of calling a player a "Buick" was the tipping point. Yugo, Hyundai, Pinto, Gremlin, etc. I get. I don't fawn over Buicks, but I didn't realize that they were held in such low esteem as to suggest the lowest automotive insult.

My Uncle gave me my Aunt's barely-driven late-70's Skylark when she died and that thing was a monster once it got going. Iirc it had a V-8 with offset rear wheel drive, and it was the one with the huge hatchback trunk. Friends I passed on the highway told me of hearing an approaching sound boom and then feeling shaken by the wake, like a rocket had passed. So, when I hear "Buick," it could just as easily connote a rocket car. And I'm just fine if that's what Rodney ends up being. I've never driven a Ferrari so I literally don't know what I'd be missing.

Reaction Score
Buick's were always strong automobiles so it's not like it'a bad thing. I had a Regal in the mid-80's with T-Tops (yes rare but it had them) and was hit head on by a toe truck coming up a corner that he figured the whole road was his..........after i spun around a few times and landed in a front yard I realized I was fine while the car not as much, totaled. The front end was gone but somehow that's as far as the truck was able to get , Thanks God. If Rodney is that tough, we'll be fine!;)

Oh yeah the T-Tops shattered like no tomorrow.

Reaction Score
The new commercials (that drive me crazy) claim you can not even recognize them anymore they are so nice- so maybe he was'nt being a DB- I kid- it was really douchy.

You can be upset if someone does not play well- you can talk about the mistakes they made- what they need to do to get better- but personal attacks on kids inadvertent or not are ridiculous.

These kids play their hearts out every game- sometimes we win sometimes we lose but that has to be good enough and is good enough for most Uconn fans.

Reaction Score
There is a big difference between being a fan, supporting the team, and evaluating the performance of the team or a player.

One is emotional, I root for the Huskies win or lose, good times and bad, they are my team.

One is rational (or theoretically rationally based), we lost because we can't rebound, Nolan has hands like grenades. Also since each fan has different expectations, their judgement of the the team/or the same player can be radically different from each other.

BTW, humans enjoy the experience of being right regardless of the situation not just sports.

Reaction Score
its called truth, justice and the American way

its called do your job, do what you are here for

it called correct, factual info

if a scout or coach labels a dude a lamborgini; that dude better be impactful from opening tip; if he is not the source of the evaluation is crap; end of story

examine the heights of the current roster on official team program: are any exhibiting truth, justice and the American way; i dont think any are accurate in bare feet or sneakers

its just alot of smoke and mirror which is just an insult to fan base and it reeks fiasco industries inc.

me thinks the fotbal gridguyz corporation trying a hostile takeover of heavyhoopindustries with the increasing shananigans on 94 feater

the propaganda is always phase I

next we will hear when hoopindustries gets blown out the brass will state it was just a learning experience and scrimmage concept car, our placekicker needed a little live practice taking flops, we were not trying to win because we were on foreign soil and it was easier to put effort into gardening, we thank our hosts for supplying all our nutrient requirements, we luv our opponent because they partner with us to help us improve by kicking us off the precipice into the abyss and our locker room and shower stalls were inpeckerable.
I will not get into this stupid BY debate
But I do want to compliment You on your best post in weeks.
I love sarcasm, especially when enhanced by extreme metaphor.

Reaction Score
These kids, young men, give 100 percent, and take pride in wearing national flag blue. Some of them will end up being role players, but even when things don't turn out positive on the court, its not for lack of trying.

Oleander played a small, but significant role in last years title run, gave us quality minutes. If that ends up being someone's role, then so be it, but let every kid that wears and earned the right to wear that jersey, know that you as a fan appreciate their contribution, even when it falls short of Your expectation.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Buick's were always strong automobiles so it's not like it'a bad thing. I had a Regal in the mid-80's with T-Tops (yes rare but it had them) and was hit head on by a toe truck coming up a corner that he figured the whole road was his.....after i spun around a few times and landed in a front yard I realized I was fine while the car not as much, totaled. The front end was gone but somehow that's as far as the truck was able to get , Thanks God. If Rodney is that tough, we'll be fine!;)

Oh yeah the T-Tops shattered like no tomorrow.

My grandmother had a Regal, which became mine when she could no longer drive. Loved everything about it, except the 10 mpg it got.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger