UConn Fans | The Boneyard

UConn Fans

Reaction Score
Thank you all in attendance in Newark for todays win against the Bonnies !!! When ESPN’s own and St. Bonny alum adrian wojnarowski was asked if the crowd was in their favor he said no and it was pro UCONN. Thank you and more Jersey games for our team.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I was there. The crowd was more UConn fans for sure. However, early on, the Bonnies fans were louder. This was their biggest game of the year though, so you can’t fault them for being excited when it was close. A-10 fans in a big time game…go figure. Our fans got loud in spots too, and then we ran away with the game. You want to hear loud? If the game next Saturday is close and we get a steal and AJax dunk, they will hear it outside the arena.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I was there. The crowd was more UConn fans for sure. However, early on, the Bonnies fans were louder. This was their biggest game of the year though, so you can’t fault them for being excited when it was close. A-10 fans in a big time game…go figure. Our fans got loud in spots too, and then we ran away with the game. You want to hear loud? If the game next Saturday is close and we get a steal and AJax dunk, they will hear it outside the arena.
What arena?

Reaction Score
Really fun day, great turn out - In Covid times I would call it just the right amount of full - in most places there were enough open seats to spread out a bit if you wanted to.

Also - did anyone else have a strong urge to walk down to half court and “talk” to those two guys wearing bright Pitt gear? Like who are you? Not only are they not playing but your team is absolute garbage.

Reaction Score
Curious what others thought but I'd guess it was probably something like 60/40 UConn fans. Maybe more UConn fans, but the Bonnies were loud

Reaction Score
Curious what others thought but I'd guess it was probably something like 60/40 UConn fans. Maybe more UConn fans, but the Bonnies were loud
Something like that. Bonnies fans were really only in one section but they filled it to the brim while UConn fans were spread out basically throughout the rest the arena.

Reaction Score
Was in section 1 which was filled with Bonnies fans, and in my experience, they were all great fans to sit around. Had good conversations with those in the rows in front of and behind us and you can tell they're just a passionate, proud fan base that loves to travel. I wouldn't say they did/said anything worse than what we do. Ran into them after the game at the bars across the street from the Pru and everyone was still super friendly/polite. One of the better opposing team fan bases I've ever encountered

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Really fun day, great turn out - In Covid times I would call it just the right amount of full - in most places there were enough open seats to spread out a bit if you wanted to.

Also - did anyone else have a strong urge to walk down to half court and “talk” to those two guys wearing bright Pitt gear? Like who are you? Not only are they not playing but your team is absolute garbage.
'in most places there were enough open seats to spread out a bit if you wanted to.'
packed to the rafters? gonna tear the roof offa this sucker?
yeah, umm no. not around these parts anytime soon. it's a local culture thing, and our local response to the times at hand.
on the udder hand, this was a few days ago, at our game there.
usatsi_17322060_168388579_lowres.jpg

u see any empty seats there?
it's a big country, full of different ways to look at things.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom