UCONN fans - both barrels | The Boneyard

UCONN fans - both barrels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am sure this will make me extremely unpopular, but what the hell.......

First, let me say I have been a long-time, die hard Husky fan. To give you an idea how long, one of my favorite all-time UCONN hoops players was Nadev and I had Corny Thompson in one of my classes.

And I'm pissed.....the Big East is a ducking disaster, this footabll coaching staff may very will be incompetent and our AD has the head coach on one of the nation's best basketball programs on a less than 12 month contract. It's not a fun time to be a fan, I get it.

But, damit, you still have to be a fan. You cannot throw in the towel and expect the kids to go out there and bang heads and give their all. There is an hypocricy in that.

As fans:
  • We have to get to the games.
  • And it would be really nice to get there on time and wish seniors there best on senior day.
  • And it's cold is a excuse btw.
  • If you have the means, you need to buy season tickets and if you cannot make a game, make sure the tickets get used.
  • If you have the means you need to be a donor at some level.
  • You need to cheer, stand up and yell on the opponents third down and stay to the end.
  • We can be critical, but rational. Not every loss requires that a coach gets fired or a QB be benched.
  • You don't ever boo college kids. Never.
Finally, I will say this. If your involvement as a UCONN "fan" is pretty much limited to constant griping on this forum and turning on the TV................STFU.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yep. I have very little enthusiasm for the basketball season but I'm going to drag myself to NYC on a tuesday night for a game that might start at 9:30. I'll be lucky to be home at 3, more likely 4 and need to present at an 8am meeting Wednesday. I'm actually starting to question my own sanity.

Reaction Score
Yep. I have very little enthusiasm for the basketball season but I'm going to drag myself to NYC on a tuesday night for a game that might start at 9:30. I'll be lucky to be home at 3, more likely 4 and need to present at an 8am meeting Wednesday. I'm actually starting to question my own sanity.

Me too Whaler. Drove 5 hours with my son to the game yesterday. Froze our butts off to the end and then went out for what turned out to be a tty meal. All good though.....

Reaction Score
As fans:
  • We have to get to the games.
    ---Put a good product on the field and the fans will come. Has nothing to do with the talent, but the philosophy the coaches are using. Don Brown brings excitement. GDL puts us to sleep.
  • And it would be really nice to get there on time and wish seniors there best on senior day.
    ---As I said in another post. It's my money spent and I will do as I please. With that beings said I am always in my seat before kickoff. The girlfriend likes seeing the band take the field.
  • And it's cold is a excuse btw.
  • If you have the means, you need to buy season tickets and if you cannot make a game, make sure the tickets get used.
  • If you have the means you need to be a donor at some level.
  • You need to cheer, stand up and yell on the opponents third down and stay to the end.
    ---Again, its my money spent. If we are getting our @sses kicked I'm leaving.
  • We can be critical, but rational. Not every loss requires that a coach gets fired or a QB be benched.
  • You don't ever boo college kids. Never.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I think everyone needs to do their part based on their location, income and family situation. Not everyone is in a position to attend games regularly and travel with the team.

I spent around $250 going to the Cincy game (tickets+parking+rent-a-car+gas+tolls). No way I can do that 6-7 times a year. The NCState basketball game will cost me $15 (I can easily commute to MSG from my apartment and not have spend money on dinner, etc.) thus I feel it is more than reasonable for people to expect me to attend UConn games in and around NYC.

Reaction Score
The people on this board are NOT the problem.
Most here I would imagine go virtually all the time. I froze my off yesterday for 4 Qs as many here did. If I had venture a guess of the 2,000 maybe left at the end, I bet a healthy number were boneyarders.

Reaction Score
People are pathetic in this state. My 9 year old son made it to the end. I even asked him if he wanted to leave in the middle of the 4th. He said no way. If he dropped an F bomb in there I would've given him a High 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom