UConn Facebook page gave me a heart attack | The Boneyard

UConn Facebook page gave me a heart attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Opted to watch my panthers and dvr our huskies and this pops up in my feed.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    219.2 KB · Views: 326
Reaction Score
You watched the Panthers? No Toes in!
I watched game from 1p-2p, then peeked at it on breaks and half-time. I thought it was over when we started but during my peeks (2nd half football game) Wilson was doing damage and I couldn't stop peeking.

Didn't miss any of the UConn game, but I'm an experienced remote control pro.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
Reminds me of when we "lost" in the Final Four a couple years ago ...

yeahright.jpg

Reaction Score
You watched the Panthers? No Toes in!
If my Bears are in a playoff game and my Huskies are playing a regular season game i 100% watch the bears game. I definitely do check in on the game or dvr and watch immediately after. Thankfully thats not something i have to worry about being a Bears fan:(

Reaction Score
If my Bears are in a playoff game and my Huskies are playing a regular season game i 100% watch the bears game. I definitely do check in on the game or dvr and watch immediately after. Thankfully thats not something i have to worry about being a Bears fan:(

I had a couple Panther fans from North Carolina over so there was really no hope for me watching UConn yesterday. The plan was to watch it on the dvr right after but spoilers happen. Even non spoiler spoilers I guess.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one whose has the technology to watch both? Pretty sure that way God gave you two eyes

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Opted to watch my panthers and dvr our huskies and this pops up in my feed.
Bad mistake not watching the Huskies. Since we won, you now must DVR all games for the remainder of the season. I hope it was worth it.

Reaction Score
Sometimes DVRing and watching on replay is the best. You get to avoid commercials and halftimes which especially comes in handy when we're not playing well. The downside is that you have to avoid spoilers beyond all costs.

Reaction Score
Phone has to go off next time along with informing any and all company that I DO NOT want to know who won.

Reaction Score
Bad mistake not watching the Huskies. Since we won, you now must DVR all games for the remainder of the season. I hope it was worth it.

I was also eating boneless wings and turkey yesterday sadly.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As a father of a 3.5 year old and a new born, a DVR is an invaluable tool.

My oldest didn't go down for a nap until about 2:00 and the new born needed a supplement bottle, so I didn't start watching football until around 2:30. Got done around 4:00. I turned immediately to the UConn game and finished watching that just after 5:00. I then started the recording of the late football game. I just let that one play, because both children were awake and I had other chores to do. Had I paused it for every little interruption, I wouldn't have finished until midnight.

Harry is exactly correct. If you are doing chores at home or can otherwise avoid the scores, watching a DVR'ed game is very convenient. On the other hand, the game is already in progress/over, so whatever superstitions you would normally follow, won't affect the outcome.

Reaction Score
I would dvr more often but I like reading the chat room during time outs (for some self hating reasons).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As a father of a 3.5 year old and a new born, a DVR is an invaluable tool.

My oldest didn't go down for a nap until about 2:00 and the new born needed a supplement bottle, so I didn't start watching football until around 2:30. Got done around 4:00. I turned immediately to the UConn game and finished watching that just after 5:00. I then started the recording of the late football game. I just let that one play, because both children were awake and I had other chores to do. Had I paused it for every little interruption, I wouldn't have finished until midnight.

Harry is exactly correct. If you are doing chores at home or can otherwise avoid the scores, watching a DVR'ed game is very convenient. On the other hand, the game is already in progress/over, so whatever superstitions you would normally follow, won't affect the outcome.
I watch in real time if I can, but I don't mind starting 10 - 15 minutes late and blowing through the commercials. You catch up by half time.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I watch in real time if I can, but I don't mind starting 10 - 15 minutes late and blowing through the commercials. You catch up by half time.
Even if you start by halftime, you catch up by the end of the game. I'm kind of excited to try this phenomenon with week night baseball. imagine how quick a game would go if only the between inning commercials were fast forwarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom