UConn dominates the AAC - other teams/conferences? | The Boneyard

UConn dominates the AAC - other teams/conferences?

Reaction Score
We've been aware for years that UConn is the class of the AAC, so much better than the other conference members that they are very unlikely to lose any game to a conference opponent. That got me to wondering, are there other teams that dominate their conference this year?

I used the Massey power score to identify the best team in each conference, and used the Massey Match-up Tool to calculate the probability the best team in the conference would beat the next best team on a neutral court (i.e., the minimum probability of winning a game against a conference opponent on a neutral court). Before you peek in the attachment, take a moment to think about which team you think has the best lowest probability of beating a conference opponent.

The first page of the attachment depicts the top 8 dominant teams from left to right. The second page is a table with all 32 conferences.

Did you see what you expected to see?

Attachments

• Dominant Team in Conference.20200302.pdf
    20.3 KB · Views: 212
Reaction Score
Princeton dominates the Ivy League, 12-0 and 24-1 overall.

Reaction Score
Well, maybe now the AAC will be able to compete against themselves and get a seed in the tournament when UConn is no longer there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom