UConn Creighton thoughts | The Boneyard

UConn Creighton thoughts

Reaction Score
That's a really bad loss. Nothing good at all to take away from that game. Team was unprepared to play the game, they looked mentally and physically tired. They scrapped back into the game taking the lead but each time they did they choked it away with ill advised turnovers, Gaffney and Whaley's were real killers.

Our shooting was putrid outside of Whaley, it's troubling how all our shooters can be that bad but even more troubling is the missed layups and inability to execute down the stretch in another close game. Didn't run any good stuff, can't even get a shot off coming out of a timeout, missed all our big ft's.

Just a brutally bad game at home this late in the season which shouldn't happen. McDermott owns Hurley which is a problem.

Reaction Score
Team needs to learn how to set a pick and play off of it. I saw people attempting, I think, to set a pick, but they don't hold the block long enough, so nothing actually is achieved. This is a basic skill that should be mastered ASAP because it can be used so effectively in any basic offense.

Look at how Jake Voskuhl would set picks- man, he could stop a train once he was set.

Reaction Score
This team just isn't that good. Mentally they're not there. Not sure exactly why that is, but we've seen them crumble under pressure plenty of times this season. We don't hit the big shots when we need to, especially free throws. Teams get on a run against us and it's "oh no, here we go again"

It's a solid team but it's not a top 25 team and we will probably make the tournament and exit early again.

Reaction Score
They played like a tired team. Cole looked gassed from the tip. He was walking a lot. No hop in his step at all. Shooting is a lot harder when you're tired. Finishing through contact is harder. You don't push as hard to hold a spot or move a guy off theirs. Their legs just weren't there.

The announcers went on about the team's 2-hour shoot-around. Maybe they used up too much energy in the shoot-around and didn't have anything left for the game.

Reaction Score
Hurley needs to adapt and grow the offense. The bland offensive sets are not creative and bog down the offense. This team needs easy buckets or curls with open looks but they just can’t seem to do any of that. Today they looked completely loss almost like they were looking ahead to Saturday and it’s extremely disappointing

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
they choked it away with ill advised turnovers, Gaffney and Whaley's were real killers.
How are you complaining about turnovers, and mentioning Gaffney and Whaley in that thought? They had one TO each. And Whaley was the only reason we managed to make it close. Actually, we had all of 9 TOs as a team, to Creighton's 14. TO's weren't the problem. Lousy, lousy shooting was the problem.

Reaction Score
We just don't have reliable scorers on this team, except for Cole. As a result the scoring draughts kill us. However, for the past few games we've had a lot of shots that were in net, then popped out. I think I saw Kevin Ollie's hand come up through the basket to eject numerous shots.

Reaction Score
It appears that they just have no clue about what they should do in the last 5 minutes of a game..

Reaction Score
We just don't have reliable scorers on this team, except for Cole. As a result the scoring draughts kill us. However, for the past few games we've had a lot of shots that were in net, then popped out. I think I saw Kevin Ollie's hand come up through the basket to eject numerous shots.

AJ and Martin just aren't scoring like they were a few games back. AJ is back to being hesitant and Martin seems to have lost his aggressiveness. That puts a lot of pressure on RJ and Adama.

Reaction Score
Looking tired already? This next month will certainly test their endurance. Lots of games against ranked opponents.

Reaction Score
This team just isn't that good. Mentally they're not there. Not sure exactly why that is, but we've seen them crumble under pressure plenty of times this season. We don't hit the big shots when we need to, especially free throws. Teams get on a run against us and it's "oh no, here we go again"

It's a solid team but it's not a top 25 team and we will probably make the tournament and exit early again.
Saying we aren’t too 25 is a massive overreaction. Take a break and revisit this tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Saying we aren’t too 25 is a massive overreaction. Take a break and revisit this tomorrow.
This isn't a new opinion. I've been pretty consistent since the VCU game. Hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
That's a really bad loss. Nothing good at all to take away from that game. Team was unprepared to play the game, they looked mentally and physically tired. They scrapped back into the game taking the lead but each time they did they choked it away with ill advised turnovers, Gaffney and Whaley's were real killers.

Our shooting was putrid outside of Whaley, it's troubling how all our shooters can be that bad but even more troubling is the missed layups and inability to execute down the stretch in another close game. Didn't run any good stuff, can't even get a shot off coming out of a timeout, missed all our big ft's.

Just a brutally bad game at home this late in the season which shouldn't happen. McDermott owns Hurley which is a problem.
Whaley was really good tonight, but yeah his errant pass that got intercepted by O’Connell for the dunk was a momentum killer. Gaffney’s unforced error was a sloppy play that just infuriated me. These kind of sloppy plays happened against St Johns and prevented them from increasing the 7-10 pt leads to a safer 15 point lead. They were fortunate to win that game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom