UConn - Creighton clear COVID tests today | The Boneyard

UConn - Creighton clear COVID tests today

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Covid just knocked UVA out of the ACC tournament.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
For a second, I misread it that it was positive ..... few.

fingers crossed the rest of the way.

Reaction Score
So frustrating. What you going to do other than take the upmost precautions and everyone abide by them

Reaction Score
Lock these guys in a room with no outside contact from now until the end of the season.

Teams are dropping like flies.

Duke, Virginia and Kansas all had positive tests.

Reaction Score
I thought I read for the NCAA tournament teams only have to have 5 players who clear Covid protocols. Why couldn’t the conferences follow the same guidelines for their tournaments?

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Lock these guys in a room with no outside contact from now until the end of the season.

Teams are dropping like flies.

Duke, Virginia and Kansas all had positive tests.
The problem is, it isn’t just the players / staff . It’s anyone we play against or involved in the game who can put us in jeopardy due to contract tracing. We missed 2 or 3 games earlier this year because a ref tested positive, despite no positives on our team.

I will point out however, that Butler played in the game with the refs too and didn’t miss a game.

Given CTs strict rules, unfortunately a lot of the “risk” mitigation is out of the teams direct control.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The problem is, it isn’t just the players / staff / team. It’s anyone we play against or involved in the game who can put us in jeopardy due to contract tracing. We missed earlier this year because a ref tested positive, despite no positives on our team.

I will point out however, that Butler played in the game with the refs too and didn’t miss a game.

Given CTs strict rules, unfortunately a lot of the “risk” mitigation is out of the teams direct control.
If they stick strictly to the standard of being within 6 feet of someone for 15 minutes, even an infected starter on one team might only sideline 1 or 2 players from their opponent via contact tracing. It might be a huge mess, but I expect most teams will be able to field 5 players throughout the tournament.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
If they stick strictly to the standard of being within 6 feet of someone for 15 minutes, even an infected starter on one team might only sideline 1 or 2 players from their opponent via contact tracing. It might be a huge mess, but I expect most teams will be able to field 5 players throughout the tournament.
You’re making a massive assumption here that the state of CT would use common sense in this scenario (their past actions says that’s highly unlikely).

edit: but yes, every other team in the tournament shouldn’t have an issue fielding a team under this scenario

Reaction Score
Does anyone know for sure who is the watch dog for the testing of each team? Does each school monitor themselves? Might there be a neutral group set up to monitor what exactly is happening, or just simply the ”honest system” and each school is in control of their own personal? As we get closer to sweet 16/ elite 8/ FF...I would want to know exactly who is doing the testing...just my thoughts.

Reaction Score
You’re making a massive assumption here that the state of CT would use common sense in this scenario (their past actions says that’s highly unlikely).

edit: but yes, every other team in the tournament shouldn’t have an issue fielding a team under this scenario
I don't think Connecticut would have anything to say about it. UConn can do whatever they want in Indiana, can't they? Worst case, they might have to quarantine upon return.

Or does the DPH have some authority over UConn sports when out-of-state that I don't know about? I admit to having almost no knowledge on the subject. Just going by what I've gleaned from reading here and there.

Reaction Score
The problem is, it isn’t just the players / staff . It’s anyone we play against or involved in the game who can put us in jeopardy due to contract tracing. We missed 2 or 3 games earlier this year because a ref tested positive, despite no positives on our team.

Yeah. Bubbles do work. No one in or no one out unfortunately is the way to go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom