UConn Considering BLM Uniform Changes "Beyond Patches" for All Sports | The Boneyard

UConn Considering BLM Uniform Changes "Beyond Patches" for All Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
WBB Specifically Cited:
'The UConn women's basketball team was one of the first collegiate sports programs to issue a statement in support of the Black Lives Matter movement after Minneapolis police killed George Floyd in May. Since then, basketball players have hinted on several occasions that they are planning something beyond just uniform patches when and if the season begins."

ONO Quoted:
"I believe as athletes that we have this platform, especially here, we have a platform and a voice and we should use it, especially on topics like this that have been going on for hundreds of years," UConn center Olivia Nelson-Ododa said last month. "And so the ability to speak out about it and advocating for the Black Lives Matter movement is very important to me, and I know for the rest of my team as well."

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think this has been obvious since June. Almost every other sport has followed this movement, and almost every organization (NBA, WNBA, NFL, NCAA, etc.) is endorsing it [ ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET