UConn Completes Wireless Internet Project in Gampel Pavilion. | The Boneyard

UConn Completes Wireless Internet Project in Gampel Pavilion.

Reaction Score
My intellectual curiosity asks if this is free, as the statement does not say. Sorry if this is common knowledge for Gampel (unfortunately, I've not been in years). I don't know if this is a new offering or is existing.

Reaction Score
My intellectual curiosity asks if this is free, as the statement does not say. Sorry if this is common knowledge for Gampel (unfortunately, I've not been in years). I don't know if this is a new offering or is existing.

The wireless network for fans to connect to at Gampel is UConn-Guest. Fans will then be brought to a landing page where they will have to simply accept the terms in order to connect.

UConn Completes Wireless Internet Network Project in Gampel Pavilion - University of Connecticut Athletics

Reaction Score
Maybe the Horde can stop whining about it on Twitter now.

Reaction Score
The wireless network for fans to connect to at Gampel is UConn-Guest. Fans will then be brought to a landing page where they will have to simply accept the terms in order to connect.

UConn Completes Wireless Internet Network Project in Gampel Pavilion - University of Connecticut Athletics
Gracias. The original image shared was a bit hard to see on my phone, even in landscape mode. This is an awesome offering. I hope we use it well and that we're able to reap some benefits from this. I can imagine social media-wise we'll see a spike. I can't tell you how many times at sporting events I've not been able to share gametime info as it happens. :)

Reaction Score
This is such a priority. Wonder what it cost. Are there people without cell service that rely solely on WiFi?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I liked the fact that there were no internetz in Gampel. I would leave my phone in the car and enjoy the game and the company. People nowadays are literally addicts to their phone - its a sad state of society.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Boohoo. We didn't get cable TV in dorms until my Sophomore year (90') and we survived.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Password: PATONI1

Reaction Score
I liked the fact that there were no internetz in Gampel. I would leave my phone in the car and enjoy the game and the company. People nowadays are literally addicts to their phone - its a sad state of society.
When I see someone on the highway texting and driving I honk my horn at them. You get some pretty good reactions. They look like you woke them out of a sound sleep and they don't know where they are.

Reaction Score

So basically what Panera and Starbucks and McDs has been doing since 2010....

Reaction Score
It's been about 5 or so years since I worked on the UCONN campus, but as with alot of college campuses, they are some of the fastest bandwidths around. Wonder if Gample is throttled back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom