UConn commits Donovan Clingan, Victor Rosa of Bristol Central share special bond (Jeff Jacobs) | The Boneyard

UConn commits Donovan Clingan, Victor Rosa of Bristol Central share special bond (Jeff Jacobs)

Reaction Score
Fun read..

-> They met on the baseball field. Where else would the state’s No. 2 football recruit meet the state’s No. 1 basketball recruit?

“It was tee ball, AA baseball, we were like six or seven,” said Victor Rosa, Bristol Central’s senior dual-threat quarterback and athlete for all seasons. “I’ve known Donovan all my life. Baseball, basketball, always together in school. He’s literally my best friend.” “Victor grew up down the street from me,” said Donovan Clingan, Bristol Central’s basketball big man and the biggest name in Connecticut high school athletics in 2021. “We’ve always lived really close. Ever since I can remember, Victor has loved working out and wanting to play football his entire life.” <-

-> Rosa committed to UConn over BC, Army and Air Force in June, but he kept it a secret until July to announce it on his mom’s birthday. The three-star recruit is actually the No. 1 CIAC ranked player. Only Loomis Chaffee prep lineman Alessandro Lorenzetti, a Michigan commit, is ahead of him.

With Randy Edsall out as UConn coach, Rosa is suddenly looking at a different landscape. Does it alter his plans? “As of right now, no,” he said. “I’m going to take it take by day and see what happens. There are a lot of unknowns right now and I do have a very close connection with (assistant coach) Corey Edsall. We’re in touch every day. Nothing has changed. “Football always been my first love. I always dreamed of playing D-1 football. I committed to UConn for a reason. Obviously, the coaching staff I loved, but the chance to be a ‘hometown hero,’ there is more thought put in beyond the coaches.”

The new NCAA rule for name, image and likeness is a factor. A successful local athlete can now make money from sponsorship deals. Rosa, who plans to major in business, understands the bigger picture. It would be pretty humorous to see the 7-1 and 6-0 buddies do endorsements together.<-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek
Top Bottom