UConn Commit Tyler Davis accounts for 5 TDs in Mepham's win | The Boneyard

UConn Commit Tyler Davis accounts for 5 TDs in Mepham's win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
We know he can run, we just need to be patient as he develops as a passer.

The kid has been a beast running the ball this year.

Reaction Score
Nice post, he is obviously an athlete. I would prefer as a QB the numbers be 69 rushing 253 passing. We shall see what direction Bob goes in....

Reaction Score
"I'd cut off my legs for these guys so a pinky really isn't going to hold me back," said Davis, who is righthanded. "It's mind over matter."

Love this quote. This kid is a leader.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller6:41pm via TweetDeck
#UConn QB commit Tyler Davis with another big game to lead Mepham HS to fourth win in a row runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/10/uconn-…

>>Davis, who is planning to graduate in time to enroll at UConn for the spring semester, is completing 72.7 percent of his passes while averaging nearly 200 rushing yards per game as Mepham has won four games in a row after losing its opener.<<

Reaction Score
It occurred to me that another indication that Diaco plans to go to a spread option with a running QB is his penchant for tall receivers, they make better blockers.

I'm trying to convince myself that Diaco has a long term plan for the offense and it won't in any way resemble the mess we have now.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
We won't pass much in the near future - hence Davis and the transfer from NC ST.
Open comp this spring for sure especially with Davis enrolling early - I'm sure it's to get him up to speed quickly.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to convince myself that Diaco has a long term plan for the offense and it won't in any way resemble the mess we have now.

Mr. Mets, I came to the same thought and conclusion that there is a master plan. I keep telling myself that there is a master plan, there is a master plan, there is a master plan....
because if I don't, I feel I am the bigger fool as I keep asking myself: did I drink a tanker full of Kool Aid or is there a master plan??

In between heartfelt gasps of "wtf happened" from being a Fiesta Bowl participant program evolving to becoming categorically and statistically one of the worst FBS programs in the country. There are more experienced football minds than I but "there must be a master plan".

Staying with a senior QB.... there must be a master plan.
No JUCO O-Line transfers since December 2013 in the recruiting wars....there must be a master plan.
Have read extensively on the Iowa coaching tree....there must be a master plan.
Watching game day decisions over the first 6 games .... asking myself why do we not institute something that fits the current players abilities to achieve a respectable transition .... because of the master plan.
and the list goes on and on-trying to keep the faith......

I just don't know (anymore) .... because there must be a long term master plan.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm just hoping Davis doesn't reneg at this point.

I worry about this too. I worry about this for all of our '15 verbals. I LOVE the class that is being assembled but holy , we look absolutely horrendous on the field this season. It is only a matter of time before the recruiting vultures start to circle (actually, they probably already have) and it would not be too difficult for a vulture to point to our 2014 on-field product and plant seeds of doubt.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I worry about this too. I worry about this for all of our '15 verbals. I LOVE the class that is being assembled but holy , we look absolutely horrendous on the field this season. It is only a matter of time before the recruiting vultures start to circle (actually, they probably already have) and it would not be too difficult for a vulture to point to our 2014 on-field product and plant seeds of doubt.

I think they dont reneg - you want the option to fight and play immediately - its here at UConn for the taking...

Reaction Score
We won't pass much in the near future - hence Davis and the transfer from NC ST.
Open comp this spring for sure especially with Davis enrolling early - I'm sure it's to get him up to speed quickly.

Seattle does a nice job winning in the NFL without passing a lot. Granted they have a brick wall as an Oline and a defense that can stop anyone (except the Cowboys apparently), but there's no rule saying you can't win the game primarily running.

Reaction Score
It occurred to me that another indication that Diaco plans to go to a spread option with a running QB is his penchant for tall receivers, they make better blockers.

If this were true why not just do it now! Foxx can run the spread option. Hell, Whitmer and Boyle are not fast but they have enough speed to put up better numbers than what we are seeing today. The spread option would also be A LOT easier on the offensive line.

I have no idea what they plan to do in the future. Based on Notre Dames offense I would think its the spread option but if that's the case I really have to wonder if we're trying to lose on purpose this year. If we are going to be a spread option team there is no excuse for not doing now.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I'm just hoping Davis doesn't reneg at this point.

He is talking about enrolling early. I don't think he renegs and he is recruiting players to UCONN still.

Reaction Score
I agree, put Foxx in and get some time with these schemes so we don't have another "preseason" start next season.

Reaction Score
uconnbill said:
He is talking about enrolling early. I don't think he renegs and he is recruiting players to UCONN still.

So was Lagow. Till he wasn't.

Reaction Score
DJ Hernandez ran for a ton of yards in high school too. Not exactly a college qb was he.

Not sure if this kid is our savior yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate