UConn Commit Kevon Jones Leads East Hartford Football Into First State Playoffs In 30 Years | The Boneyard

UConn Commit Kevon Jones Leads East Hartford Football Into First State Playoffs In 30 Years

Reaction Score
Nice read: Kevon Jones Leads East Hartford Football Into First State Playoffs In 30 Years

>>“The kids, not only on this team but in this school, look up to Kevon. He’s a big presence, a positive presence,” East Hartford coach Rick Milton said. “All the coaches, not just myself, are constantly giving him the message [that] you can be a leader by setting the example in the classroom, in the hallway, on the field.”<<

>>In his final high school season, Jones has been an integral part of East Hartford’s first state playoff since 1987. A presence on both sides of the ball, Jones has posted three interceptions and more than 120 tackles on defense while amassing more than 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns on offense as a capable pass-catching running back.<<

Reaction Score
Nice read: Kevon Jones Leads East Hartford Football Into First State Playoffs In 30 Years

>>“The kids, not only on this team but in this school, look up to Kevon. He’s a big presence, a positive presence,” East Hartford coach Rick Milton said. “All the coaches, not just myself, are constantly giving him the message [that] you can be a leader by setting the example in the classroom, in the hallway, on the field.”<<

>>In his final high school season, Jones has been an integral part of East Hartford’s first state playoff since 1987. A presence on both sides of the ball, Jones has posted three interceptions and more than 120 tackles on defense while amassing more than 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns on offense as a capable pass-catching running back.<<
he's gonna be a good one

Reaction Score
He is a big boy! Solid and a gym rat. Excited to see him in husky blue, and a good kid

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He is a big boy! Solid and a gym rat. Excited to see him in husky blue, and a good kid

Its great to see that his senior season is a clear step up from his junior season. That doesn't always happen. We are getting a good one here.

At least one, probably 2 of the incoming freshman are likely to play in 2018 and physically this kid looks more ready than others. I have been clamoring for Dequan Jackson (for speed/for pure tackling ability), but Kevon Jones, Hunter Webb, Dylan Harris, Eli Thomas and Francis Bemiy might be enough at the LB position for this cycle. Maybe Jackson's slot is used for another kicker.

Potential 2 deep LB corp in 2018:
OLB - Hahn/ Beavers / K. Jones
MLB - Sterling or TJ Gardner / Gilmartin or Webb or Harris
OLB - Britton / Eli Thomas / Bemiy

And in 2019 I expect some upper classmen to be leapfrogged

OLB - K. Jones or Hahn / Bemiy / TBD Frosh
MLB - TJ Gardner or Webb / Gilmartin / TBD Frosh
OLB - Eli Thomas or Harris / Beavers / TBD Frosh

I'm foolishly optimistic about the LB corp, particularly for 2019 after they have a year in the system.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Its great to see that his senior season is a clear step up from his junior season. That doesn't always happen. We are getting a good one here.

At least one, probably 2 of the incoming freshman are likely to play in 2018 and physically this kid looks more ready than others. I have been clamoring for Dequan Jackson (for speed/for pure tackling ability), but Kevon Jones, Hunter Webb, Dylan Harris, Eli Thomas and Francis Bemiy might be enough at the LB position for this cycle. Maybe Jackson's slot is used for another kicker.

Potential 2 deep LB corp in 2018:
OLB - Hahn/ Beavers / K. Jones
MLB - TJ Gardner / Gilmartin or Webb or Harris
OLB - Britton / Eli Thomas / Bemiy

And in 2019 I expect some upper classmen to be leapfrogged

OLB - K. Jones / Hahn / TBD frosh
MLB - TJ Gardner or Webb / Gilmartin
OLB - Eli Thomas or Harris / Beavers / Bemiy

I'm foolishly optimistic about the LB corp, particularly for 2019 after they have a year in the system.
No Sterling in that 2 deep for 2018?
The way Sterling and Gilmartin finished the season wouldn't be surprised one bit if they are starters... Gilmartin is a throwback type... probably gonna see the field the rest of his time here a bunch... Sterling only has one year left so gotta think the same with him...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
No Sterling in that 2 deep for 2018?
The way Sterling and Gilmartin finished the season wouldn't be surprised one bit if they are starters... Gilmartin is a throwback type... probably gonna see the field the rest of his time here a bunch... Sterling only has one year left so gotta think the same with him...
Whoops. - Now corrected.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom