UConn - Colorado College Game Thread | The Boneyard

UConn - Colorado College Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I should be going tonight. Thank God for lug keys.

Just kidding. It's safe there. No drug dealers for the most part on the street anywhere in the south end, it seems.

Reaction Score
I should be going tonight. Thank God for lug keys.

Just kidding. It's safe there. No drug dealers for the most part on the street anywhere in the south end, it seems.

I grew up a few blocks away. Lug keys won't help you. No drugs in the south end, ok.

Really annoyed I cannot go tonight, stuck at work. Go huskies.

Reaction Score
I grew up a few blocks away. Lug keys won't help you. No drugs in the south end, ok.

Really annoyed I cannot go tonight, stuck at work. Go huskies.
On the street. Maybe over on Park Avenue and few roads branching off, sure. At least nowadays. I been to Marina Village when it was alive.

Wasn't able to go, either. But CC is showing us what the NCHC is about. Impressive.

Reaction Score
3-1 CC in the 3rd period. Another "trap" game where things don't look too promising right now

Reaction Score
NCAAIceHockey 10:08pm via Hootsuite
A 4-1 victory tonight for @CCTigers against UConn tonight snaps a seven-game winless streak.

"Cavanaugh: “We got outcoached, we got outplayed, we got out-special played. They were the better team tonight, plain and simple."

Caught the game on the radio... even the WHUS guys seemed frustrated and got off the air quickly. Power Play goals killed them.

Reaction Score
Announced attendance was 3417. Very promising for UConn hockey at the Webster Arena.

Reaction Score
Announced attendance was 3417. Very promising for UConn hockey at the Webster Arena.
Nope. Not a chance in hell there's more than 1,500 there, if that.

Mike Anthony‏@ManthonyCourant
Announced crowd of 3,417 at UConn hockey game tonight in Bridgeport. Uhh...

B6tpmOICYAAGN5k.jpg

Reaction Score
What would we do without this guy wasting his time verifying the validity of UConn's attendance numbers?

Reaction Score
Looks like 3416 to me. Why are you up in the corner, when so many seats are available?

Reaction Score
Looks like 3416 to me. Why are you up in the corner, when so many seats are available?
Ask Mike Anthony, he took the picture, and also publicly questioned the number.

I strongly suspect this game would've been far more well attended in Hartford. For a relatively big name western program (albeit who is currently in a major down period for their program) the game would have been better suited in UConn's best current attendance spot, Hartford. It remains to be seen how the ND game is attended, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in a similar scenario. Putting games against CC and ND in Bridgeport is a bad idea, those are big-time opponents who should be playing in Hartford. Games against in-state schools like Yale and QU are better suited for Bridgeport.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was at the UMASS game and UCONN was 1/6 on the penalty kill, but also gave up a goal a few seconds after a penalty expired. A few of the penalties (boarding, elbowing, hooking) looked to be the result of some sloppy play. I didn't see any of the Colorado College game ... but maybe that is what Cavanaugh is alluding to in his post game presser.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
This could just be a test run for "home" games at Bridgeport and based on the attendance this year for those games with ND being the big measuring stick leading to probably only a couple next season based on XL attendance.

Reaction Score
This could just be a test run for "home" games at Bridgeport and based on the attendance this year for those games with ND being the big measuring stick leading to probably only a couple next season based on XL attendance.

I read somewhere that it looks like UConn won't be playing in the Christmas tournament in Bridgeport next season, so that would help in reducing the number of games played there.

Reaction Score
I read somewhere that it looks like UConn won't be playing in the Christmas tournament in Bridgeport next season, so that would help in reducing the number of games played there.

Thought 2015 Frozen Holiday Classic was an All CT Tourney between UConn, Quinnipiac, Yale and Sacred Heart?

Reaction Score
Ask Mike Anthony, he took the picture, and also publicly questioned the number.

I strongly suspect this game would've been far more well attended in Hartford. For a relatively big name western program (albeit who is currently in a major down period for their program) the game would have been better suited in UConn's best current attendance spot, Hartford. It remains to be seen how the ND game is attended, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in a similar scenario. Putting games against CC and ND in Bridgeport is a bad idea, those are big-time opponents who should be playing in Hartford. Games against in-state schools like Yale and QU are better suited for Bridgeport.

So you were not there?

Reaction Score
So you were not there?
Bridgeport's a 3.5-hour drive, and I'm already dropping $ to fly to games out west this weekend, so I passed.

Only point is, these games in Bridgeport really aren't a good idea unless it's an in-state opponent. Placing big-name OOC and conference games away from UConn's home ice is a stupid idea.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Tourneys or any neutral ice games will stay, but I think this year will dissuade them from playing any "home" games at Webster unless the turn out for the ND game(the only HE home game there) is comparable to the XL games.

Reaction Score
Thought 2015 Frozen Holiday Classic was an All CT Tourney between UConn, Quinnipiac, Yale and Sacred Heart?

That was certainly the original intent. I read something over the holidays that said UConn was reconsidering. I want to say it was something that was in the Courant, but I'm just not certain where I saw it.

Reaction Score
That was certainly the original intent. I read something over the holidays that said UConn was reconsidering. I want to say it was something that was in the Courant, but I'm just not certain where I saw it.

I just found it on the Courant website, something Mike Anthony wrote just prior to the Union game:

"The Frozen Holiday Classic was planned with the vision for all four Connecticut Division I teams to make up the field. But Yale never committed, Quinnipiac backed out and UConn has already decided that it will not participate next year — if the event is even held. Cavanaugh does not like having a game scheduled so soon after Christmas, instead preferring that players return to campus with a handful of days to prepare for the second half of the season."

Here's the rest of the article:

http://touch.courant.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-82398695/

Reaction Score
Even if the ND game draws well it could be because a lot of fans in the Central CT metro decided to drive out to Bridgeport. I don't know how that would be indicative of good support if most of the fans in Bridgeport are coming from closer to Hartford/Storrs.

Reaction Score
They're just making it more difficult for the core fan base to follow the team by playing in Bridgeport. It also is not wise to not have a home game at your home arena for almost 2 months but that's just me.

Reaction Score
I just found it on the Courant website, something Mike Anthony wrote just prior to the Union game:

"The Frozen Holiday Classic was planned with the vision for all four Connecticut Division I teams to make up the field. But Yale never committed, Quinnipiac backed out and UConn has already decided that it will not participate next year — if the event is even held. Cavanaugh does not like having a game scheduled so soon after Christmas, instead preferring that players return to campus with a handful of days to prepare for the second half of the season."

Here's the rest of the article:

http://touch.courant.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-82398695/

Well that imploded quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members