UConn coaches spoke to media today (Sept 8) | The Boneyard

UConn coaches spoke to media today (Sept 8)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
“There was a huge mental shift,” Auriemma said Thursday, meeting the media for the first time since Bueckers' injury was announced Aug. 3. “One week you're having a conversation about what we need to do to get ready for March. And then on one phone call, one day, your conversation turns to, 'How are we going to compensate for, arguably, losing one of the best players to play here in a long, long time.' ”

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
“Paige isn't the first player to ever tear her ACL," associate head coach Chris Dailey said. “Everybody understands that. I was just torn up about it because of what she had gone through last year. She worked her way to come back and since we ended the season she has done everything — stayed extra to be in the weight room, her nutrition, her leadership on and off the court. She had just taken a giant step."

"And then this happens. So it was disappointing. It was emotional for her, especially, and for our players. But I think now it's kind of just what it is. In some ways, having to have gone through it last year probably helps us, although last year we knew there was a chance she was going back and this year they know that she's not. So it's a different feeling, but we have to embrace it and I think the players have.”

Reaction Score
A really good article. I hope that soon the discussions will be about the active roster. The mourning period needs to end. Not trying to be cold but this is still an uber-talented roster and fully able to win the title. Even without Bueckers this is the best roster since Stewart played.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

So.........................I'm going to assume that Azzi has a "dark green" light anytime she's on the floor. !?! :D You know there will be games when she's cold, but there will also be games when she's red hot like Chelsea Gray (Las Vegas Aces) was two night's ago (31 pts/10 ast) in 36 mins.

Reaction Score
A really good article. I hope that soon the discussions will be about the active roster. The mourning period needs to end. Not trying to be cold but this is still an uber-talented roster and fully able to win the title. Even without Bueckers this is the best roster since Stewart played.
I hear ya Alydar but is that even possible? Start any thread about any other team and or player and someone will insert said player. It’s annoying as hell!

Reaction Score
So.........................I'm going to assume that Azzi has a "dark green" light anytime she's on the floor. !?! :D You know there will be games when she's cold, but there will also be games when she's red hot like Chelsea Gray (Las Vegas Aces) was two night's ago (31 pts/10 ast) in 36 mins.
Fudd has the green light from the 10th row.

Reaction Score
Feel the exact same way! I’ve seen no write ups on the bodies that will actually be playing this season.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This is the first opportunity for the media to talk to Geno and the staff since Paige's injury so of course there were questions about it. The fact that the media hasn't yet moved on doesn't mean the coaches and players haven't. I'm sure we'll soon see articles about what Geno and his staff had to say about the players who will be playing during the upcoming season.

Reaction Score
This is the first opportunity for the media to talk to Geno and the staff since Paige's injury so of course there were questions about it. The fact that the media hasn't yet moved on doesn't mean the coaches and players haven't. I'm sure we'll soon see articles about what Geno and his staff had to say about the players who will be playing during the upcoming season.

Geno usually has commented at least once on the freshmen. I remember 2 years ago he was talking about how impressed he was with the freshmen for a couple of reasons. And last summer he commented on how much benefit Ducharme had gotten from the strength and conditioning session.
I've got to believe that he talked about the freshmen/transfer to the press.

It's all OK but I'm eager to hear something. It's time for some good news.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

“When she’s feeling good?!”

The Daily Show Wtf GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Maybe she means emotionally feeling good like in the zone?. While you have your Concern-O-Meter functioning, am I the only one noticing that Amari was not in the practice video :eek:

Reaction Score

I'd take that is when she's in a groove. Similar to when players talk about getting hot during a game. I don't see any reason for concern.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Married At First Sight No GIF by Lifetime

The three teams that immediately followed Stewie had significantly better rosters than this team even if this team were to include a healthy Paige.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Married At First Sight No GIF by Lifetime

The three teams that immediately followed Stewie had significantly better rosters than this team even if this team were to include a healthy Paige.
This is a fun thought exercise.

16-1717-1818-1921-22
CrystalCrystal Crystal PB/Nika
Kia Kia Christyn Williams Azzi
GabbyGabby Megan Walker Caroline
PheePheePheeAE
KLSKLSKLSDorka
SaniyaAzuraONOLou Lo
Kyla IrwinMegan WalkerKyla IrwinAubrey
Natalie ButlerKyla IrwinMolly BentAyanna
Molly BentMolly BentLexi GordonIce

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

16-1717-1818-1921-22
CrystalCrystalCrystalPB/Nika
KiaKiaChristyn WilliamsAzzi
GabbyGabbyMegan WalkerCaroline
PheePheePheeAE
KLSKLSKLSDorka
SaniyaAzuraONOLou Lo
Our depth is relatively impressive. FYI 22-23.

Reaction Score

16-1717-1818-1921-22
CrystalCrystalCrystalPB/Nika
KiaKiaChristyn WilliamsAzzi
GabbyGabbyMegan WalkerCaroline
PheePheePheeAE
KLSKLSKLSDorka
SaniyaAzuraONOLou Lo
Maybe I need more coffee, but I'm confused here. Were the rosters for the 2019-2020, 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 rosters omitted intentionally?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno commenting on HOF inductees and who has not gotten in yet. This sentence stood out

“Is Asjha Jones a Hall of Famer? I mean there are people in the Hall of Fame already that haven’t accomplished as much as Asjha did,” he said. “I don’t get to vote so contrary to all those UConn haters out there, it wasn’t my vote that put Swin over the top that got her into the Hall of Fame in case anyone thinks this is a UConn conspiracy here. I had nothing to do with it.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom