UConn coach Mora building a bond with preps like St. Thomas More (Gavin Keefe @ The Day) | The Boneyard

UConn coach Mora building a bond with preps like St. Thomas More (Gavin Keefe @ The Day)

Reaction Score
I’ll admit I was skeptical of the Mora hire, but he’s certainly proving to be a dynamic, high energy guy on a mission. Since we have gone through the great football credentials guy (PP), the high energy promoter guy (BD), a return to meat and potatoes guy (RE), I can’t fall for any of it until we see this translated into field success. But, you have to like what you see.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If Mora keeps showing up to WBB, baseball and other games, continues reaching out for HS and prep shcools, engaging the media, greasing the skids with the governor, etc, etc, he'll end up putting himself in line for a promotion and working himself out of a job.

Reaction Score
If Mora keeps showing up to WBB, baseball and other games, continues reaching out for HS and prep shcools, engaging the media, greasing the skids with the governor, etc, etc, he'll end up putting himself in line for a promotion and working himself out of a job.
One of my great frustrations was the lack of Prep School focus last 10 years. Once Paul left, Bob and Randy didn't really hammer the preps in New England. That's where all the players are coming from these days.

Reaction Score
I'll say it, UConn got a steal for in Mora as a HC, and he reached out to us because HE wanted to be here. He's literally changed the perception of the program from downtrodden to hopeful and energetic. I honestly think we go bowling next year.

Reaction Score
One of my great frustrations was the lack of Prep School focus last 10 years. Once Paul left, Bob and Randy didn't really hammer the preps in New England. That's where all the players are coming from these days.

Randy was like: “if I have to convince them to come here then this isn’t going to work”.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
We seem to have finally found a coach who sees the potential that this program has. Mora sees that there are prospects to be found around here that don't have to just be "diamonds in the rough". I'm very excited to see where we go from here. I was a huge Edsall 1.0 fan and we seem to have found the anti-Edsall 2.0 and it has been an almost flawless start.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Randy seemed to devolve over time to the view that he’s the accomplished d1 coach, your a part time HS coach, this will be a one way street and I need to feel that respect or we aren’t going to have a great relationship. I’m sure many P5 coaches can pull this off- the ones with the biggest programs with the winning records, but that certainly was not us.

Reaction Score
Randy seemed to devolve over time to the view that he’s the accomplished d1 coach, your a part time HS coach, this will be a one way street and I need to feel that respect or we aren’t going to have a great relationship. I’m sure many P5 coaches can pull this off- the ones with the biggest programs with the winning records, but that certainly was not us.
There were weeks where he was tweeting more about his golf game than the program he was running. He thought he knew more and was more respected than he ever really was and it came back to bite him.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There were weeks where he was tweeting more about his golf game than the program he was running. He thought he knew more and was more respected than he ever really was and it came back to bite him.
I wanted 2.0 Randy to succeed. I thought it would be an easier path and better story and I was a bit concerned we (the school) didn’t have the patience for another coaching regime. I wanted to believe that his process was just fill with ugliness before the rebirth. Then Fresno happened and it was clear the coaching cupboard was bare.

Reaction Score
I wanted 2.0 Randy to succeed. I thought it would be an easier path and better story and I was a bit concerned we (the school) didn’t have the patience for another coaching regime. I wanted to believe that his process was just fill with ugliness before the rebirth. Then Fresno happened and it was clear the coaching cupboard was bare.

I did too. I was happy when he came back. He had a great OC.

When you have talented people working for you then they should tell you what you should do. Randy just had to play Daddy knows best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom