UConn Club Auction: Go early to the Notre Dame Game! | The Boneyard

UConn Club Auction: Go early to the Notre Dame Game!

Reaction Score
A lot of amazing stuff for UConn Women's fans at The UConn Club Holiday Auction. Go early to the Notre Dame Game and see the items and bid with your smartphone - or use the volunteers there to bid for you. Registration and bidding is all done online. Two sections of items up for bidding - one closes 12/3 at 3:30 before the Notre Dame game at 4:00 pm. The other section closes 12/10 at 8:00 pm.

Lots of signed women's basketballs. Final Four chairs. some great game tickets. Sit Courtside at XL or Gampel. Lots of golf. Travel. Gifts and entertainment items. Restaurants. Some custom brewery beer. How about a World Series 2017 Baseball signed by George Springer? Sports memorabilia from everywhere.

Info on the Auction is on The UConn Club website, www.TheUConnClub.org/auction

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Question for folks - I have a signed 2009-10 basketball (Tina, Maya, Kelly, etc) that I really don't need. Would love to get it to some charity or even better, give it to a kid who would be inspired.

Any suggestions?

Reaction Score
Question for folks - I have a signed 2009-10 basketball (Tina, Maya, Kelly, etc) that I really don't need. Would love to get it to some charity or even better, give it to a kid who would be inspired.

Any suggestions?

I don't come out of the woodwork to post much, but this incredibly generous offer by UC really is amazing and I'd like to comment.

1. You could contact the team outreach person (can't remember the name, but it will be on the staff website or you are close, so just walk over) and ask them if they would coordinate a raffle or some type of event at a halftime to gift it. This would have the potential to generate money and enthusiasm.

2. However, the idea that I like best is for you, since you're such a great guy and I would like you to feel the inspiration, is to just bring the ball to a game. Walk around and just look for a kid that inspires you (you'll be able to tell by their apparel and the look on their face). Then just walk up to them and their parent and say you've had this ball for years and you would like to give it to someone who it would be meaning to, but the only stipulation is, if they outgrow it, that they need to pass it on in the same way you are rather than selling it. Then just give it to them and lock the look on that face into your mind so you can recall it any time you need to feel great.

edit addition: A Sunday afternoon game is perfect for finding the type of families and kids you might be interested in delighting. I had a family with two girls (about 9 and 11) sitting next to me at XL for Maryland. They did not get to a game very often and they were true blue and consumed fans of our team.

Thanks for your generosity!!

Lurker

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Lurker - thanks! I like your #2 so may try to go that route.

Reaction Score
I'm a kid at heart. I'll be sitting in section 203. :)

seriously, great, great gesture UcMiami that many of us (at least me!) would hardly be capable of contemplating.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom