UCONN Clothing For Sale At XL | The Boneyard

UCONN Clothing For Sale At XL

Reaction Score
Only a couple of spots where they were selling stuff. On the concourse a small kiosk very limited, then in the XL entry several racks where I picked up a nice shirt for my grandson, high quality. Why is there no store in the XL? Did I miss or overlook it? Kids soccer FSA in Farmington has a nice big sports clothing store. They could sell a ton of stuff at the games if they had a venue.

Reaction Score
Isn't there a huge store in the main entrance now? I think they will let you leave and re enter if you go to the store

Reaction Score
Isn't there a huge store in the main entrance now? I think they will let you leave and re enter if you go to the store
Much less in that store than last year.
Surprised no one has commented on all of the concourse food stands that were shuttered. Anyone know what is going on.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Only a couple of spots where they were selling stuff. On the concourse a small kiosk very limited, then in the XL entry several racks where I picked up a nice shirt for my grandson, high quality. Why is there no store in the XL? Did I miss or overlook it? Kids soccer FSA in Farmington has a nice big sports clothing store. They could sell a ton of stuff at the games if they had a venue.
They closed The Mall years ago.

Reaction Score
I guess it's hard to staff and maintain a store for a few events a year but if there were 15,000 fans there they would do serious business. UCONN stuff is for sale everywhere but fans at games impulse buy and spend a lot more, especially when kids are involved. Actually do not mind paying more at the venue.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Much less in that store than last year.
Surprised no one has commented on all of the concourse food stands that were shuttered. Anyone know what is going on.

One side of the Arena all the concessions were closed

Reaction Score
Officially, attendance was 6,300. Considering the state budget crisis, closing concessions stands was just good business.
Against BU. They need to put up a more substantial kiosk out there even if temporary.

Reaction Score
Against BU. They need to put up a more substantial kiosk out there even if temporary.
the mac n cheese with beef stand had a long line. overpriced, but is the best the XL offered.

Reaction Score
I guess it's hard to staff and maintain a store for a few events a year but if there were 15,000 fans
There's your first problem.

Reaction Score
Lol they need to tear that place down and I'm about as pro Hartford as you can get. WAY past the point of being an acceptable venue.

The money just isn't there. I believe the estimate was around $250 mill to renovate it and bring it up to modern standards, around $45 mill got approved in the new state budget. That's just a band-aid but it's all the state can afford.

Reaction Score
The money just isn't there. I believe the estimate was around $250 mill to renovate it and bring it up to modern standards, around $45 mill got approved in the new state budget. That's just a band-aid but it's all the state can afford.
It either needs to be rebuilt or knocked down. Putting anymore into the current building is criminal.

Reaction Score
Lol they need to tear that place down and I'm about as pro Hartford as you can get. WAY past the point of being an acceptable venue.
I was laughing today that they imploded the Georgia Dome. It's only 25 years old but they built a new one next door. Atlanta really needed a new stadium? If the Georgia Dome was in MA or CT 25 years old would be almost new. The Garden in Boston is considered relatively new and it was opened in 1995. Three years after the Georgia Dome. Gillette Stadium is 15 years old already.

But I agree, the XL Center is way past its prime. But who's going to pay for a new one? I don't think it would make any economic sense.

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember how much Webster Arena in Bridgeport cost? Maybe a little small, but it is a Good venue with good sitelines and adequate amenities. When I read about $200,000,000 to replace xl ( and we’ve already spent significant amounts on repairs) I just wonder why we can’t do something less elaborate like Webster, maybe next to the baseball stadium.

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember how much Webster Arena in Bridgeport cost? Maybe a little small, but it is a Good venue with good sitelines and adequate amenities. When I read about $200,000,000 to replace xl ( and we’ve already spent significant amounts on repairs) I just wonder why we can’t do something less elaborate like Webster, maybe next to the baseball stadium.
$56 million according to Wikipedia ($76 million in 2016 dollars)

Reaction Score
We need a new arena, but something smaller and (while we're going small) it should be top shelf (luxury, maybe something notable architecturally too). The NHL pipe dream is just that, might as well build to UConn scale and do it right (12K? 14K). Also, it should be next to baseball stadium so development spreads over into that area

Last edited:
Reaction Score
$56 million according to Wikipedia ($76 million in 2016 dollars)

Not sure but I think we have probably spent close to $76 million in a vain effort to prevent XL from falling down.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The state should sell it off, if anyone is interested in squeezing the remaining money out of the building. I think that's the plan. A few cosmetic improvements and them dump it, if they can.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The state should sell it off, if anyone is interested in squeezing the remaining money out of the building. I think that's the plan. A few cosmetic improvements and them dump it, if they can.
Is the building owned by the state?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom