UConn Clinches Best Record | The Boneyard

UConn Clinches Best Record

Reaction Score
UConn will end the season with either no losses or (perish the thought!) one loss. Every other team already has two or more losses.
There is no trophy for Best Record, but it is an accomplishment worth mentioning.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
UConn will end the season with either no losses or (perish the thought!) one loss. Every other team already has two or more losses.
There is no trophy for Best Record, but it is an accomplishment worth mentioning.

Yet that one loss will define a season of unexpected success and harkwork, and essentially is the one loss we don't want to have. I'd take 15 losses in the season to not have to lose once in the next 6 games

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yet that one loss will define a season of unexpected success and harkwork, and essentially is the one loss we don't want to have.
You know, you could say that about many UConn seasons and especially the last three, but you really cannot say it about this season. This season has already defined itself - the next month may add to it's identity, or it might put a limit on it's glory, but the team has already set numerous NCAA records, and will set more even should they not win an NC. They accomplished more than their coaches thought possible, and they have astonished their fans.

I certainly desperately want them to win the next six games, and would gladly have sacrificed a loss to Temple or USF if it could have insured that result, but curiously, I have never felt this team 'needed a loss' like that 2003 team did (or the 2014 team did.) They have a resiliency and determination that is quite unique in my experience as a fan. They really do not have 'a go to player', but rather six or seven or ten - when needed even Bent and Irwin have stepped up in their brief moments - and the starters have all starred within their spheres as the team has needed them to. It has been glorious to behold.

Reaction Score
This season is 2003 without the wakeup call in the BET -- completely unexpected.

Completing an undefeated season with this group would be Geno's piece de resistance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom