UConn-CCSU Opener Preview with Pat Sellers | The Boneyard

UConn-CCSU Opener Preview with Pat Sellers

Reaction Score
Hi all,

I've got some time with every CT college basketball coach for CT Scoreboard (UConn still pending). Here is the first episode in the series with Pat Sellers at CCSU.

Pat breaks down his roster player by player so you'll get some great insight into the opening night match up. Learn how he's working to build up the CCSU program and how success will be measured for his team this year.

Reaction Score
Pat is the man. At 16:30 on he showed us just how informed he is about CT basketball, history, recent success, etc. I know the CCSU fans have been asking for him to coach since Howie D retired. I hope he does well as the head coach.

Reaction Score
Pat is the man. At 16:30 on he showed us just how informed he is about CT basketball, history, recent success, etc. I know the CCSU fans have been asking for him to coach since Howie D retired. I hope he does well as the head coach.

Yea, I really am impressed with Pat. Think he'll get CCSU back to competing in the NEC

Reaction Score
This first game is going to be an enormous challenge for Pat and the program. Not expecting a close game at all, but I hope he can cause Hurley to take a frustrated TO or two. :)

This is the second year in a row CCSU will play at Gample Pavillion and just the 3rd time ever.

This will be the first time CCSU has played a ranked-UConn team since the Huskies were #11 in December 2004 when Calhoun and Dickenman were both on the sidelines.

As a player, Sellers is 0-4 vs. UConn. In his senior year Central lost 47-115 to #5 Huskies at Gampel.

In case you were wondering, the best results Central has had vs. UConn were 2 of the first 3 meetings.

In 1980, D-II Central Connecticut State College (CCSC) came into the Field House and Detrick's Devils nearly pulled off the upset on Don Perno. A late run by the Huskies allowed them escape with 66-58 win and they would go on to the NIT that season.

In 1986-87, CCSU's first season at the D-I level, Detrick again almost pulled off the upset, this time on first-year head coach Jim Calhoun. UConn won 62-52.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom