UConn captain Matt Peart hoping to save his best for last (Fuller) | The Boneyard

UConn captain Matt Peart hoping to save his best for last (Fuller)

Reaction Score
UConn captain Matt Peart hoping to save his best for last

>>The veteran offensive tackle was committing some uncharacteristic mental lapses during his junior season at UConn, including a series of pre-snap penalties that shook his confidence early in the season. It was during the early stages of Peart’s transition from starting left offensive tackle to starting at right tackle when Huskies offensive line coach Frank Giufre blurted out “When you think, you stink.” It proved to be a harsh but, in Peart’s eyes, accurate choice of words.

“I feel like I let the switch from left to right get to me a little too much,” Peart said Tuesday when he met with the media along with fellow 2019 UConn captains Luke Magliozzi and Eli Thomas. “I tried my hardest not to let it corrupt me as a player but it was a learning curve. I had to learn the tricks to playing right tackle. It might just look like an easy switch but it was a little difficult. Toward the end of the season, I was more comfortable and I felt more confident. In the beginning I felt a little shaky and I feel like that was why I had so many lapses here and there. I remember talking to Giufre and he said, ‘You’re thinking way too much and when you think, you stink.’ That was the quote of my season. I put so much pressure on myself.”<<

A few other team updates in link...

Reaction Score
We need a dozen Mat Pearts, met him at the event on campus a few weeks back. I realize there are several listed in his height and weight category, so without insulting anyone I will simply say he is an imposing physical specimen. Great personality, hope his leadership flourishes this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom