UConn Blog - Football Position Group Reviews. | The Boneyard

UConn Blog - Football Position Group Reviews.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
This article told us nothing and didn't even include our newest member of the unit. If this is what theuconnblog.com is all about, I won't ever give it another second of my time.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This article told us nothing and didn't even include our newest member of the unit. If this is what theuconnblog.com is all about, I won't ever give it another second of my time.
So did you like it or not? Hard to tell...;)

While it wasn’t great, it wasn’t that bad. I had forgotten that special teams were decent and the place kicker info wasn’t bad. I never had a lot of confidence in Tarbutt, so I am ok with him leaving.

Reaction Score

FIxed it, I couldn't find his name on any of the transfer aggregate sites. Offensive line preview up next, anything you want to see besides the four returning guys and who might replace Crozier?

Reaction Score
FIxed it, I couldn't find his name on any of the transfer aggregate sites. Offensive line preview up next, anything you want to see besides the four returning guys and who might replace Crozier?

Just info in the 4 returning guys, how they feel this year on year 3 and who is in the lead for the center position. Also who are the backups behind the 1st team?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Tarbutt came in with a huge leg and hype to match but never was reliable here. When you have a challenged offensive you need to be able to count on your PK and we never could. Definitely caught the yips somehow.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Definitely would like any insights or comments from coaches and any info on who is pushing starters to fill out 2 deep.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

I mean, they definitely know less about the team than any reasonably in the loop poster on this board

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Offensive Line article starts with the OL/OC Giufre. How is he handling both jobs- what has he seen as growth from the line as whole from last year to this year. Would love a player by player breakdown for the 1st and 2nd string. Then hear from each player on what they are working on.

Reaction Score
ALLP of the most recent articles be written over the last few weeks hasn't given any current news with any substance.
Time for Edsall to give us more ( something, like maybe a re roster update ) to talk about.
These articles are quite boring as of late.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Tarbutt came in with a huge leg and hype to match but never was reliable here. When you have a challenged offensive you need to be able to count on your PK and we never could. Definitely caught the yips somehow.

Was handled horribly. "Hey kid, I know we've passed up kicking FG's for fakes and inside runs on 4th and 5 from the 27, but we really need you to go out there and kick this last second game tying attempt from 44 even though it's your second live kick attempt this month."

He didn't live up to the hype, but I can't help but think he would have been better if he was used like every other kicker in the nation. Even out best kickers, had to learn the mental side of kicking. Tarbutt wasn't given that chance.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Was handled horribly. "Hey kid, I know we've passed up kicking FG's for fakes and inside runs on 4th and 5 from the 27, but we really need you to go out there and kick this last second game tying attempt from 44 even though it's your second live kick attempt this month."

He didn't live up to the hype, but I can't help but think he would have been better if he was used like every other kicker in the nation. Even out best kickers, had to learn the mental side of kicking. Tarbutt wasn't given that chance.
Fair point but maybe they did stuff because they didn’t trust their pitcher

Reaction Score
When does the next position group come out? I think it’s the oline next...

Reaction Score
Tarbutt didn't live up to the hype but even the best kickers, have to learn the mental side of kicking.Tarbutt wasn't given that chance.

Well, let’s see who emerges from the U of Minnesota Kicker roster. Maybe he’ll get the chance and be a great B1G time kicker—or maybe he never sees the field. The Gophers appear pretty deep at the position!

K BROCK WALKER 34
5'10" 200 LBS
R-FR. SIOUX FALLS, SD

K MICHAEL LANTZ 38
5'11" 180 LBS
FR. FAYETTEVILLE, GA.

K ANDERS GELECINSKY 48
6'2" 200 LBS
R-JR. BLOOMINGTON, MINN.

K MICHAEL TARBUTT 97
6'0" 190 LBS
GR. GRIMSBY, ONT. (UCONN)