UConn Blog: Aaliyah Edwards | The Boneyard

UConn Blog: Aaliyah Edwards

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Edwards turned down an opportunity to compete for a spot on Canada’s World Cup roster this summer. The national team wanted her to make a six-week commitment from the end of August until October — which would’ve forced her to miss the first month of school and team workouts. As difficult as the decision was — she called it “heartbreaking” — Edwards chose to stay with the Huskies.

“I couldn’t commit to that just because I want to give my all with UConn,she said. “We just started the preseason so I want to devote most of my time to UConn” (she's learning). These next two years Aaliyah should mature and shine like a "super nova." A powerful and luminous explosion of a star. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Edwards helped her squad win gold behind an MVP performance, averaging 15.4 points, 10.0 rebounds, and 2.6 assists over the course of the tournament. It proved to be a pivotal point in her offseason. Edwards knows the key to a successful year at UConn will be consistency and while that’s often a buzzword for players, she took steps over the summer to become a less volatile player. GLOBL JAM was the first chance she had to implement those changes in games."

15.4 PPG and 10 rebounds would be a huge contribution for AE this season at UConn. She certainly has all the tools, she just has to put them together.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom