UConn Blocking Improvement and Secondary Improvement | The Boneyard

UConn Blocking Improvement and Secondary Improvement

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Really surprised tackling is only a 3.8% improvement. I recall tackling in 2021 being about the worst I've ever seen, save for Mitchell.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Especially open field tackling.
Better playing the ball; mostly better keeping things in front. They're still playing loose, but last year we'd play loose and still get beat over the top...

Reaction Score
I would be curious what those numbers look like pre Fresno vs post Fresno. This team looked atrocious against the likes of cuse, nc state and Michigan. We’ve seen a completely different team since the Fresno game.

Reaction Score
They mean nothing. The eye test is what matters.
This is how they actually grade our players on PFF and get their rankings. Not the all be all, but nice to see we are doing a lot better than last year numbers.

Reaction Score
I have no clue what any of those numbers mean. But I can tell our pass defense and run blocking are much better.
A lot more improvement. I am excited about our O-line, giving that Nyadu and Haynes are our highest grade guys on the O-line, I wonder how much better we would be if we had guys graded high as Haynes and Nyadu.

Reaction Score
I would be curious what those numbers look like pre Fresno vs post Fresno. This team looked atrocious against the likes of cuse, nc state and Michigan. We’ve seen a completely different team since the Fresno game.
Offensive line has been giving up a lot more sacks and causing a lot more penalties than they did against the big three, so the results may be different than you would think. Not sure how they rate it, but play does appear to be getting a bit sloppy at times on the line, which didn't seem to be the case early on.

Reaction Score
Offensive line has been giving up a lot more sacks and causing a lot more penalties than they did against the big three, so the results may be different than you would think. Not sure how they rate it, but play does appear to be getting a bit sloppy at times on the line, which didn't seem to be the case early on.
So according to the PFF, the O-line has given up 5 sacks as a group, 4 hits, 30 hurries, and 39 sacks. I will say it has been on ZT holding onto the ball way too long. Penalties wise, we have given up 37.

Reaction Score
So according to the PFF, the O-line has given up 5 sacks as a group, 4 hits, 30 hurries, and 39 sacks. I will say it has been on ZT holding onto the ball way too long. Penalties wise, we have given up 37.
Interesting on the sack part. Have the ratings gone up or down over the course of the last few games? I know they were quite high even after the three game stretch, would be interesting to compare the direction they have been going.

Reaction Score
Interesting on the sack part. Have the ratings gone up or down over the course of the last few games? I know they were quite high even after the three game stretch, would be interesting to compare the direction they have been going.
I will say we have not really been consistent across the board on offense, but our defense have basically been pulling the weight for us, but what is shocking though is that against CCSU and and Umass, our defense was not playing their best, but our offense was struggling put points on the board when given the chances.
Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 10.02.27 AM.png

Reaction Score
I will say we have not really been consistent across the board on offense, but our defense have basically been pulling the weight for us, but what is shocking though is that against CCSU and and Umass, our defense was not playing their best, but our offense was struggling put points on the board when given the chances. View attachment 80530
This is really interesting, defense for sure getting better, especially coverage. Also special teams started the year pretty well and has fallen since.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom