UConn Big Men Rotations | The Boneyard

UConn Big Men Rotations

Reaction Score
Carlton, Cobb, Diarra, Polley, Whaley, Williams and Yakwe (Maybe Sid Wilson stretch 4 but)

Has Hurley hinted or shown anything about who will be playing and who won't be playing? Seems like there aren't enough minutes in the frontcourt with the backcourt of J Adams, Vital, Smith, Gilbert (shrug), Wilson.

#InHurleyWeTrust

Reaction Score
Dont think you'll see more than 1 one Cobb, Carlton, Yakwe, and Whaley on court at the same time very often.

Reaction Score
After looking at Cobb and Williams final stats from last year....I think they're gunna be bust out if the guys aren't hustling/fouls to give on Tacko Fall. Yakwe is a defensive weapon and all the younger guys seem to have more upside and skill.

Reaction Score
From Hurley's early reports he had us going small with Tyler Phommachanh at the 4 and playing 3 guards. I don't think we will see a traditional 2 man set until Diarra comes back from his injury in December as he is the only big that would seem to fit there. Whaley is still too much of a project and when we played stronger teams he was over matched strength wise and had no skill set to offset this which Polley does. Whaley isn't going to have the other team's 4 worried about guarding him as all his scoring basically came from rebounds or alley oops. He is smaller Brimah clone.

Reaction Score
Based on the all scouting breakdowns Danny has been quoted making over the summer, the lineups should be:

1)Gilbert - Smith
2)J.Adams - B.Adams
3)Vital - Wilson
4)Diarra - Whaley - Polley
5)Carlton - Yakwe - Cobb

Diarra will start once he works himself back from injury in December, but Danny also said Whaley "has been probably the most consistent of all our frontcourt players..." That praise implies a pretty low ceiling in the frontcourt...

With Polley's body being so "underdeveloped," (Danny's words not mine), things will not be going well if he's still getting a lot of run as a forward come February.

All three Centers will play just because there's 15 fouls between them, but Carlton is the most well rounded on both ends of the floor and has flashed the most skill. Yakwe is going to be the best defender of the three, and seeing as how Danny brought him into the program I think he edges Cobb out for PT. Then again, Cobb could be (hopefully) completely transformed after losing all that weight.

Reaction Score
From Hurley's early reports he had us going small with Tyler Phommachanh at the 4 and playing 3 guards. I don't think we will see a traditional 2 man set until Diarra comes back from his injury in December as he is the only big that would seem to fit there. Whaley is still too much of a project and when we played stronger teams he was over matched strength wise and had no skill set to offset this which Polley does. Whaley isn't going to have the other team's 4 worried about guarding him as all his scoring basically came from rebounds or alley oops. He is smaller Brimah clone.

"He is a smaller Brimah clone". Response by Whaley "Whatcho takin' bout 3rdbass?".

Reaction Score
"He is a smaller Brimah clone". Response by Whaley "Whatcho takin' bout 3rdbass?".
Guy who can swat some shots but doesn’t give you much else due to his lack of skills.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Hurley has said if the season started today, Polley would start at the 4, so beware.

Reaction Score
Offensively Whaley needs to improve but defensively he adds a ton of value as he’s probably the best big in a switch. If Cobb is consistent on both ends, I can see Whaley and Cobb playing a bunch of minutes together as they tend to complement each other’s skills.

Reaction Score
Based on the all scouting breakdowns Danny has been quoted making over the summer, the lineups should be:

1)Gilbert - Smith
2)J.Adams - B.Adams
3)Vital - Wilson
4)Diarra - Whaley - Polley
5)Carlton - Yakwe - Cobb

Diarra will start once he works himself back from injury in December, but Danny also said Whaley "has been probably the most consistent of all our frontcourt players..." That praise implies a pretty low ceiling in the frontcourt...

With Polley's body being so "underdeveloped," (Danny's words not mine), things will not be going well if he's still getting a lot of run as a forward come February.

All three Centers will play just because there's 15 fouls between them, but Carlton is the most well rounded on both ends of the floor and has flashed the most skill. Yakwe is going to be the best defender of the three, and seeing as how Danny brought him into the program I think he edges Cobb out for PT. Then again, Cobb could be (hopefully) completely transformed after losing all that weight.
If this is the Diarra of last year I have little hope that he brings much to the frontcourt, even though he can add something and I am hoping some other players step up or we go small.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom