Uconn best bet ! | The Boneyard

Uconn best bet !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uconn should contact other be football schools and try to get everyone to commit to be for at least 2 years. see how things go, pitt & syr have to stay, league would be intact in all sports. By then ND, and Sec interest in Acc schools ect will have played out. Things should become less complicated for all schools & we would have stability for at least 2 or 3 years. Then we would have more info to better make an educated decision. be or acc or whatever ! That would be a win win situation !!!!! Its better than the all or nothing approach that we dont seem to have any control over! Thats called win lose , and with someone else calling most of the shots and they dont have our best interests in mind I would call that lose lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I own a small retail buisness and it would be like letting my competition decide where I should relocate my store if I was to move this year or wait till I can decide that for myself, Whether to move and if so when and where ! This a buisness deal and should be treated as one !

Reaction Score
Pitt and 'Cuse have already booked their travel plans.

Reaction Score
Pitt and 'Cuse have already booked their travel plans.
There is the little matter of 27 months. If enforced means 3 more years of be for them including this year !

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I am sure this is the backup plan if no other conference comes calling. Unfortunately no one in the BE can control that. Everyone is trolling for a better position.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I am sure this is the backup plan if no other conference comes calling. Unfortunately no one in the BE can control that. Everyone is trolling for a better position.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk[/quote
If everyone waits the league falls apart! we lost 3 schools before , things looked bleak, turned out pretty good. Equal to acc in football? Infinitly better in bball !! WE can do it again if we have to. there seems to be some support for this. With Uconn wanting to leave why would anyone want to stay ? Best bball team in a bball league. If we were willing to stay for a few years another reason for other schools to do the same ! Everybody is panicking including us. WE could and should try and take the lead in this.

Reaction Score
We all want the same thing. Uconn to stay Uconn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like all the other be schools, so why not try while there is still time? Unless the Uconn pres. has some good news that she cant talk about yet, ( I really really hope so, ) the attitude has been acc or nothing and it hasnt done much yet other than put more pressure on other schools to try and leave. The attitude should be acc preferably but be can be fixed if need be to allow us all to survive ( be schools ) .

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
We all want the same thing. Uconn to stay Uconn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like all the other be schools, so why not try while there is still time? Unless the Uconn pres. has some good news that she cant talk about yet, ( I really really hope so, ) the attitude has been acc or nothing and it hasnt done much yet other than put more pressure on other schools to try and leave. The attitude should be acc preferably but be can be fixed if need be to allow us all to survive ( be schools ) .

The Big East is unsalvageable. UConn, Rutgers, Louisville, TCU and West Virginia would never, ever, in a million years, sign a deal locking them in for two more years.

Face it: it's over, and their only chance at survival is adding service acadamies and/or UCF/Houston/ECU. It's like spraying Febreeze on a landfill.

I'm also going to guess by your chipper head-in-the-clouds method of posting that you are from the WBB board.

Reaction Score
You left out Usf ! And of course they have to add schools. It doesent take a genius to grasp that. I will be nice and ignore the WBB board comment.

Reaction Score
Really, this is not a plausible scenario as anything other than a backup last-ditch outcome. The Big East is the Titanic. It's just a matter of time before it's done, either completely done, or done as a viable BCS league. The odds of anything happening that could actually stabilize the league long term are less than that of winning the lottery. UConn's best move is to get out to a more stable league. UConn will not still be UConn in the Big East. A two year agreement is irrelevant and will accomplish nothing, mainly because no one will sign it. Our commissioner is a dimwit who cannot be trusted to effectively lead. If WVU, UL, or Cincinnati got an invite to the Big 12 tomorrow, they would all likely decide to go in about five minutes, and that's to a conference that's only a tad more stable than the Big East. If us or anyone got an invite to the ACC, we would all go in a heartbeat, and it would absolutely be the 100% correct move for the university and the program long term.

Reaction Score
i really think the obituary is being written too early on the Big East. cuse and pitt are easily replaceable. if we added Temple and UCF today to replace them we'd be stronger on the field and TV demographically(since that seems to be all anyone cares about anymore). the BCS is not going to be able to reduce the number of autobids, so we might as well fill up our league with the best available and worry about a move when/if the time comes.

Reaction Score
I agree !!!! What happens if UL, WV, Cinn ect. leave ? And acc possibly stays at 14 for who knows how long, then what? Be might start looking pretty good ! 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing. 50%= be, 100%= acc doing nothing . Once again I hope Im wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If all can be convinced to stay for everybodys best interest no one could leave for 2 or 3 years. We should at least look at worst possible outcomes.Called damage control.

Reaction Score
I agree !!!! What happens if UL, WV, Cinn ect. leave ? And acc possibly stays at 14 for who knows how long, then what? Be might start looking pretty good ! 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing. 50%= be, 100%= acc doing nothing . Once again I hope Im wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If all can be convinced to stay for everybodys best interest no one could leave for 2 or 3 years. We should at least look at worst possible outcomes.Called damage control.

win win situation !!!!! ......our best interests in mind I would call that lose lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We all want the same thing. Uconn to stay Uconn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

umm, if you take off the exclamation point key and spray some of that air in a can stuff, it'll help that sticking problem.

Reaction Score
Typical BC drivel from individuals paying a small fortune for a decent but not spectacular education from a school run by a religious order not known for its adherence to Christian principles through the centuries. It's unfortunate that we need to join a conference that they are a member of but such is the hand we're dealt. BC is roundly ignored by the rest of the ACC and needs to get their shots in some way. Let's hope thing get resolved positively sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
I own and operate a small retail electronics chain. The economic landscape has changed drastically for the worst. making a profit used to be the goal, now surviving and being around when the dust settles is the goal. But the key word is surviving. The college athletic landscape has also changed for the worst for a lot of schools including Uconn. Once again the only thing that matters is surviving and you don`t do that by putting all your eggs in one basket ! With the attitude acc or nothing we may end up with ----------- . Witch isn`t surviving.

zls44

Reaction Score
I own and operate a small retail electronics chain. The economic landscape has changed drastically for the worst. making a profit used to be the goal, now surviving and being around when the dust settles is the goal. But the key word is surviving. The college athletic landscape has also changed for the worst for a lot of schools including Uconn. Once again the only thing that matters is surviving and you don`t do that by putting all your eggs in one basket ! With the attitude acc or nothing we may end up with ----------- . Witch isn`t surviving.

UConn isn't surviving in the Big East.

Reaction Score
And if the acc doesn't come calling ? And the be folds . What then? I want Uconn in a top league as much as any one .

zls44

Reaction Score
If the Big East folds, it's because of it's own stupidity. Not UConn's fault. Beats sitting around and pretending the situation can be fixed.

It can't.

Reaction Score
i really think the obituary is being written too early on the Big East. cuse and pitt are easily replaceable. if we added Temple and UCF today to replace them we'd be stronger on the field and TV demographically(since that seems to be all anyone cares about anymore). the BCS is not going to be able to reduce the number of autobids, so we might as well fill up our league with the best available and worry about a move when/if the time comes.
"cuse and pitt are easily replaceable"
No, actually they are not replaceable. "Best available" includes a list of irrelevant schools. Temple? UCF? We already dumped Temple once. They are not Pitt or Cuse.

Reaction Score
in 2003 you wouldn't have thought much of USF, Cinci or us for that matter, but as long as the school is committed to succeeding in football, they can experience success. we've seen that time and again from teams including UCF and Temple. there's plenty of schools that look, on paper, today better than Cinci or USF did before the last expansion. the BCS is not going to take away our autobid. they can't. the BCS is under enough of a microscope as it is that they don't need to piss off another couple dozen legislators by taking money away from their public schools. that being the case the Big East will continue to have value as a conference. football wise the Big East has always been a transient conference and unfortunately that's not changing, but that doesn't mean we won't be a BCS caliber conference. since the last split we've performed well enough on the field to more than justify our autobid, and i don't think the loss of two teams that played in i believe a combined 3 bowl games over the last 5 years will change that. we have two years to figure out replacements before Pitt and Cuse are out the door. i imagine we'll need to have our lineup before our next TV negotiations. in the meantime we'll have a great bball conference to help lure whatever teams we select.

from the get go everyone knows that ND and Texas are pretty much calling all the shots and what they want are A. ND wants to remain independent in football, and keep a BCS lackey conference to park their other sports and they have it with the BE. Texas wants a BCS conference that will let them call the shots, give them unequal revenue, and toy around with this Longhorn Network and they have that in the B12. the guys that call the shots have what they want, so i don't expect much change.

Reaction Score
As far as replacing schools, Memphis = Pitt, great bball, fball not so much. Temple just blew out Maryland at Maryland in fball and their pretty good in fball. Kind of a wash w/cus. Fball +, bball -, Just an idea.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
As far as replacing schools, Memphis = Pitt, great bball, fball not so much. Temple just blew out Maryland at Maryland in fball and their pretty good in fball. Kind of a wash w/cus. Fball +, bball -, Just an idea.

You do realize Memphis just lost 42-0 to SMU Saturday, right? Look, Pitt is no Florida/Alabama/USC/Texas but c'mon.

Reaction Score
I said Memphis is as close as u can get to Pitt. Great in bball , not so much in fball.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I said Memphis is as close as u can get to Pitt. Great in bball , not so much in fball.

Well you didn't actually say that, but if that's what you meant then I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom