UConn bball for those that weren't born yet: | The Boneyard

UConn bball for those that weren't born yet:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The fast break/tenacious defense has often been imitated but never duplicated. I often wonder how the 2004 Championship Team (loaded) would fare against this bunch. Hard to describe the defense on display with this squad.

Ridiculously Good:

Reaction Score
They were so much fun to watch. I was in 4th grade and my teacher (Mrs. Nolan) essentially changed our curriculum to include UConn basketball. Every day we'd bring in newspaper clippings and do research and everything else. Best class ever.

JC coached his off with that team. We had three different presses, often alternated between a traditional 2-3, trapping half court zone, or man on every possession, and offensively did some pretty cool stuff with Nadav facilitating. With all that being said, I think the 04 team blows them out as pressing them usually resulted in certain disaster.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The fast break/tenacious defense has often been imitated but never duplicated. I often wonder how the 2004 Championship Team (loaded) would fare against this bunch. Hard to describe the defense on display with this squad.

Ridiculously Good:

Most fun team ever. The year after I graduated from UConn, but I had student season tickets anyway.

Reaction Score

Ridiculously Good:

This was my junior year. The defense put on a display every game it seemed. The on ball defense of Smith and the length of Dove and Tate in the press was fantastic.

Reaction Score
One unbelievable stat from that season: UCONN was last in the conference in FG%, but tied for the reg season title with Cuse at 12-4 and won the BET. They won because of the TO's forced, they took a ton more shots than their opponents.

Reaction Score
I wish we could do a simulation on whatifsports.com but it doesn't let you pick a Uconn team pre 99.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I was six. Remember nothing. But lucky for me, my father was a huge fan and got me a 1990 Big East champs banner to hang in my room. Had it up until I moved out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom