UConn-Baylor statistics for your pre game meal...yum..!! | The Boneyard

UConn-Baylor statistics for your pre game meal...yum..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Be sure to read Doggy's awesome write-up of the UConn-Baylor game. Until tip-off, here's some statistics to occupy your pre-game time.

1. Sims by the numbers. She has scored 34% of Baylor's points and taken 39% of their 3 pt shots. More importantly, she has made 52% of Baylor's 3 pt shots that went in. At 47-104 Sims is making 45% of her 3's, 52% from the field and 82% of her free throws.

2. Niya Johnson has an unbelievable 102 assists in 15 games. (MoJeff has 79 to lead UConn.) However, she has made only 22 baskets from the field and is 0-1 from 3 pt. in 347 minutes.

3. Baylor's top shot blocker and rebounder, Sune Agbuke, has 37 blocked shots and 122 rebounds. UConn has three players w/ more blocked shots (Stewie 49, Stef 46 and Kiah 42) and three w/ more rebounds (Stef 163, Stewie 132 and Kiah 132).

4. UConn has 153 blocks and 178 steals in 17 games. Baylor has only 79 blocks and 116 steals in their 15 games. MoJeff has 3 monster blocks!

5. UConn has made 120 three pt baskets. Hartley has 23, KML 21, Chong 19, Stewie 17 and Banks 12. Baylor has made 91 three pt baskets w/ Sims at 47, Wright w/ 22 and Robertson 19.

6. UConn has played a total of 680 minutes of game time and trailed in the score for less than 26 minutes. They have been behind only 3.8% of the time. They have never trailed at the half.

7. UConn has 197 fouls vs Baylor's 302. Baylor has also had 9 players foul out. (7 were in 4 OT game) However, Baylor has taken 416 free throws vs UConn's 297. Both make 74%-75% from the free throw line.

8. Stewie has scored 307 points or 21% of UConn's total. Hartley has 234 points or 16%. Dolson has 227 points or 15.8%. MoJeff has 174 points or 12%. UConn has 1440 total points while Baylor has 1416, in two fewer games.

9. Nine UConn players have made more than 5 three point baskets. Only 3 Baylor players have even tried more than 2 attempts. Without Sims, Baylor makes only 24% of their 3's.

10. Baylor averages 94.4 points per game. They have scored 100 or more points 5 times and 90 or more another 3 times. Against conference opponents ( Kansas, Kansas State, TCU and West Virginia) they averaged only 81 pts per game. Only once did they score above 90 pts.

Go Huskies..!!

Last edited:

HGN

Reaction Score
Thanks David..........Some interesting stats. Baylor seems , on paper , to be a high powered team when they're running and with Sims in the lineup. With limited heighth in their lineup they obviously try to beat teams down the floor and score before the defense sets up. Rebounding could be a problem for them tonight and they can't run without the ball. Its going to be interesting to see which stats hold up tonight and which ones go out the window.

If Baylor fouls at the rate they have in the previous games the game could get ugly.

Let's Go Huskies !!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
1. Sims by the numbers. She has scored 34% of Baylor's points and taken 39% of their 3 pt shots. More importantly, she has made 52% of Baylor's 3 pt shots that went in. At 47-104 Sims is making 45% of her 3's, 52% from the field and 82% of her free throws.

2. Niya Johnson has an unbelievable 102 assists in 15 games. (MoJeff has 79 to lead UConn.) However, she has made only 22 baskets from the field and is 0-1 from 3 pt. in 347 minutes.
I'm assuming Johnson passes to Sims a lot. :cool:

Reaction Score
Lets take a look at the level of competition they have played so far:
Palm Beach Atlantic, Oklahoma city, Grambling St, Nicholis St, Rice, Savannah St, Northwestern St, UTSA, San Jose St, Kentucky, Houston Baptist, Ole Miss, Mcneese St, Kansas St, Kansas, West Virginia, TCU and Now Uconn

Not exactly murderous Row!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Lets take a look at the level of competition they have played so far:
Palm Beach Atlantic, Oklahoma city, Grambling St, Nicholis St, Rice, Savannah St, Northwestern St, UTSA, San Jose St, Kentucky, Houston Baptist, Ole Miss, Mcneese St, Kansas St, Kansas, West Virginia, TCU and Now Uconn

Not exactly murderous Row!
Hey, c'mon. You and David are not playing fair including those two initial exhibition games with PBA and OK City. Only Grambling among the teams is rated above 300, so it's bad but not exhibition team bad.

Reaction Score
7 of them were in one game though.
7 players fouled out? How were they able to keep playing? If you have a roster of 15 I guess it wouldn't be a problem. I wonder what the rules are. Do you play with 4, then three, then two until no one is left?

Reaction Score
7 players fouled out? How were they able to keep playing? If you have a roster of 15 I guess it wouldn't be a problem. I wonder what the rules are. Do you play with 4, then three, then two until no one is left?

I'm afraid Geno may find out tonight after UConn suits up the Water Girl.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Hey, c'mon. You and David are not playing fair including those two initial exhibition games with PBA and OK City. Only Grambling among the teams is rated above 300, so it's bad but not exhibition team bad.

not true dobbsy.....I went to the Baylor website and used their stats.... the PBA and Ok City are NOT included in my stats....only season games... you know, powerhouses like Savannah State, Houston Baptist and Nicholls State...who they beat by 164 total points...:cool:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

Yes.

You must start with five, but you need not end with five. There have been games with a team down to three. Not sure what would happen if you got down to one, might make the inbounds tough. Can you inbounds to yourself? Actually, I think you can but you'd have to bounce it off the other team, so if they are paying attention, they'll be out of the way.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
not true dobbsy.....I went to the Baylor website and used their stats.... the PBA and Ok City are NOT included in my stats....only season games... you know, powerhouses like Savannah State, Houston Baptist and Nicholls State...who they beat by 164 total points...:cool:
Okay, that's fair then. Thought the "murderous row" was also what you might be dealing with. There's a lot of fodder there to pig out out for some high flying stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom