Uconn basketball on SNY | The Boneyard

Uconn basketball on SNY

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Can anyone please tell me how to get SNY streaming on computer for Uconn basketball. I live outside of SNY marketing area.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
If your cable/dish provide ESPN, use the following link and you should be able to see all the SNY games. ESPN picks up the feed from SNY. The quality isn't very good but it's better than not having it at all. They'll ask you to log in with the provider information. It's quite simple.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If you subscribe to DTV and enroll in the sports package ($12 -15 a month), which gives you a plethora of sports channels, among them is SNY . I get the sports pak for the basketball season and give it the summer off, (but not in Olypic years). Streaming is still subject to all sorts of issues in quality and performance for those of us with just 15 meg max satellite feeds.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Swerve on the OP...
As far as streaming goes (as far as my system goes), I believe if you stream the game on your TV AND are also monitoring the BY Chatroom on another device, you will see posts that can be a few minutes ahead of the action on the TV. I noticed the phenomenon last season when I was using DirecTV but now I am streaming 100% on my TV. Yesterday I was streaming with YouTube TV to watch the Pats game. I also was receiving Pats scoring alerts on my phone. I would get the phone alert at least 1 to 2 minutes before the score was made on the TV. And for one score on the first play after a TV timeout, the alert came while the commercial was finishing up. I found this lag kinda weird.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Swerve on the OP...
As far as streaming goes (as far as my system goes), I believe if you stream the game on your TV AND are also monitoring the BY Chatroom on another device, you will see posts that can be a few minutes ahead of the action on the TV. I noticed the phenomenon last season when I was using DirecTV but now I am streaming 100% on my TV. Yesterday I was streaming with YouTube TV to watch the Pats game. I also was receiving Pats scoring alerts on my phone. I would get the phone alert at least 1 to 2 minutes before the score was made on the TV. And for one score on the first play after a TV timeout, the alert came while the commercial was finishing up. I found this lag kinda weird.

So 5 screens with software that delays them all uniformally ... and the chat room will still be chaos, which is why you will very rarely find me there; and why I generally chat the game elsewhere.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Swerve on the OP...
If I'm streaming I don't participate in the BY chatroom. Spoils the watching of the game.

Reaction Score
Yes streaming will be behind. It takes longer for the data to travel via streaming.

It can happen to a smaller extent in non-streaming. I remember watching FB games in my old apartment and hearing my neighbors cheer a second before I saw a score -- they must've had a different cable provider.

Also, watch an event that many networks televise -- like a presidential speech or debate. They won't be synchronized.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Yes streaming will be behind. It takes longer for the data to travel via streaming.

It can happen to a smaller extent in non-streaming. I remember watching FB games in my old apartment and hearing my neighbors cheer a second before I saw a score -- they must've had a different cable provider.

Also, watch an event that many networks televise -- like a presidential speech or debate. They won't be synchronized.
Most of the delay is in cacheing the data at different points along the route to make sure you get a smooth viewing experience. In addition, the higher the quality of the stream, the more data needs to be cached and the longer the delay. For example the HD presentation of a live event can run 5-10 seconds behind a non-HD one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom