UConn basketball: Geno Auriemma happy with Huskies' aggressive mentality | The Boneyard

UConn basketball: Geno Auriemma happy with Huskies' aggressive mentality

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
UConn basketball: Geno Auriemma happy with Huskies' aggressive mentality

If you cannot read Paul Doyle | The Hartford Courant UCONN women's basketball articles, then go to the NCAA Women's Basketball website at news for women's basketball.

Sorry if this was posted before. I did not see it.

Geno Auriemma, standing on the side of the floor, nodded.
"Good...good," the notoriously demanding coach said.

"On paper, UConn is the deepest and most talented team in the country -- the Huskies will start three All-Americans (Katie Lou Samuelson, Gabby Williams, Napheesa Collier) and 6-foot-6 transfer Azura Stevens is a gifted offensive player."
I am thinking the starters part is an assumption. ;) I doubt if Geno shared this with them.

"We've talked a lot about having a certain aggressive mentality," Auriemma said. "Trying to create some stuff off our defense, like we have. We're a little bit older and I think a little bit smarter a team. Maybe we can do some things that we haven't done in the past."

"Last season, Auriemma prodded Samuelson and Collier to upgrade their defense. Each has been more engaged in practice this fall, Auriemma recently said."

"Stevens, though, is still navigating the defensive demands."
Well, she came here to improve and prepare her professional career. She is getting what she asked for.:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom