UConn basketball advanced stats article | The Boneyard

UConn basketball advanced stats article

Reaction Score
Didn’t see this posted. Interesting Read. More reasons we need to get Bouk and Akok involved offensively and cut down on CV’s touches.

I should add that I think we should use these next few games that are easier to get the young guys more involved in the offense rather than play through CV and Gilbert. We know what CV can do against the cupcakes. But we need to use this time as an opportunity to build the confidence of the younger guys so they are ready for conference play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder who will win the Saragin National Championship this year? I don’t know if anyone put up a banner like Duke did in 1999. That says it all about these systems though.

Reaction Score
I wonder who will win the Saragin National Championship this year? I don’t know if anyone put up a banner like Duke did in 1999. That says it all about these systems though.
But being number 1 in a computer ranking doesn’t mean you win every game. It’s just thousands of simulations. If one team has a 70% chance to win according to one of these sites, it means they still lose 30% of the time.

Reaction Score
But being number 1 in a computer ranking doesn’t mean you win every game. It’s just thousands of simulations. If one team has a 70% chance to win according to one of these sites, it means they still lose 30% of the time.

No, you see the thing most likely to happen always happens and by watching the games he can tell that the follow through on Jamelle Horne's 3 pointer was going to be slightly too aggressive and he was going to hit off the back of the rim.

Reaction Score
Must have been that Kentucky won the Saragin National title the year we beat them. Do they have a banner too?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I can’t read the article but sports reference is free.

Once again vital is our best player.

We have a TON of plus defenders (per dbpm) and only four positive offensive players (vital polley, bouk, and Adams. Those are our top 4 players plus akok.

I’m surprised how much Bpm doesn’t like Carlton.

Akok is sighing spitting distance of the 10 defenders in the country based on dbpm.

This team has defensive talent. Now the offense needs to catch up.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
according to this: number 36 on d, number 26 on shot d, and then a whole bunch of December projections. im totally good with no's 1 and 2, and the 3rd? meh, it's December.
thro in mr polley not being a turnover machine, and things are looking up for the new year.

Reaction Score
Didn’t see this posted. Interesting Read. More reasons we need to get Bouk and Akok involved offensively and cut down on CV’s touches.

I should add that I think we should use these next few games that are easier to get the young guys more involved in the offense rather than play through CV and Gilbert. We know what CV can do against the cupcakes. But we need to use this time as an opportunity to build the confidence of the younger guys so they are ready for conference play.

proud as this may be the first time in a while since I called something right regarding Polley. No flash but good defense. Fgs are solid. Great at the line and doesn’t make dumb plays that lead to turnovers. Makes the safe high percentage pass and no threading the needle types. Just plays his game. Not sure if I want more offense going through him though. He’s probably just what we want him to be asidefrom 4-5 boards a game.

Reaction Score
Tyler Polley reminds me of Neils Griffey. Well respected player that is a great shooter. I’m glad he is getting some props.

42.6% from 3 is legit.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
proud as this may be the first time in a while since I called something right regarding Polley. No flash but good defense. Fgs are solid. Great at the line and doesn’t make dumb plays that lead to turnovers. Makes the safe high percentage pass and no threading the needle types. Just plays his game. Not sure if I want more offense going through him though. He’s probably just what we want him to be asidefrom 4-5 boards a game.

more open spot ups is fine. anything else is too much.

I’d rather see him and vital parked in the corners for 3s.

Reaction Score
I can’t read the article but sports reference is free.

Once again vital is our best player.

We have a TON of plus defenders (per dbpm) and only four positive offensive players (vital polley, bouk, and Adams. Those are our top 4 players plus akok.

I’m surprised how much Bpm doesn’t like Carlton.

Akok is sighing spitting distance of the 10 defenders in the country based on dbpm.

This team has defensive talent. Now the offense needs to catch up.
Yep, Carlton and Akok aren't in our top 4 players. lol.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Polley can't make plays, so you can't run the O through him. His stats would go to hell in a second. One of his best traits is that he stays in his lane, especially on this team where that's an issue.

Good luck with those 4-5 boards :D

Reaction Score
Tyler Polley reminds me of Neils Griffey. Well respected player that is a great shooter. I’m glad he is getting some props.

42.6% from 3 is legit.

Those players are good when you have other players that can create their own shot or make a lot of contested high usage shots. Their utility goes down a lot when you're lacking that. That's why Bouknight's progress is essential to us, because Gilbert and Vital have proven they are inefficient as their usages, especially 2PA, go up.

Reaction Score
Numbers don't tell you everything. Maybe Vital cut in front of AG to increase this stat.

Carlton, the team’s second leading scorer, has taken 26.1 percent of UConn’s shots while he is on the floor, most on the team. He also uses (i.e. ends a possession with a shot or turnover) a team-high 27.9 percent of possessions while on the floor, reflecting the Huskies’ desire to work through him as much as possible.
Vital ranks second on the Huskies in both of those categories, with Bouknight third, per KenPom.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom