Men - UConn Baseball Alumni Game and BBQ at Elliot Ballpark on Sunday, Sept. 26 beginning at 11:30 a.m. | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball Alumni Game and BBQ at Elliot Ballpark on Sunday, Sept. 26 beginning at 11:30 a.m.

Reaction Score

Good to know the Alumni Game and Barbecue is back on the fall ball schedule. My wife and I are definitely planning on attending. One of those events we always look forward to during the fall season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My wife and I are going to the Alumni Game and Barbecue this Sunday. We haven't been up to UConn for a while. Just wondering about the availability of parking in I Lot with the construction of the new hockey facility going on.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My wife and I are going to the Alumni Game and Barbecue this Sunday. We haven't been up to UConn for a while. Just wondering about the availability of parking in I Lot with the construction of the new hockey facility going on.
Garage adjacent to Werth is $7.50 Not5 much parking in the area anymore - unfortunately
Have fun - maybe I'll be there also - depending on youth soccer schedule

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Based on photos I’ve seen, it looks like I lot got mostly swallowed up by the construction site. This photo, from before construction started, shows that it’s fenced off.
B88DD75C-B6F3-4DA0-BA97-9195E5B3CC1A.jpeg

Reaction Score
Here's the starting lineup that this season's UConn team had for the Alumni Game. For some reason they used a 10 player lineup.

David Smith - CF
Zach Bushling - SS
Erik Stock - RF
Reggie Crawford - P/DH
Kevin Ferrer - Extra Hitter
Chris Brown - 3B
Casey Dana - LF
Ben Huber - 1B
Christian Fedko - 2B
Matt Donlan - C

This season's team was having an easy time with the Alumni, leading 7-0 with the Alumni only having one hit when we had to leave in during the 6th inning.

Crawford threw 3 innings, Austin Peterson threw 2 innings, then Pat Gallagher followed, so it was certainly a day for the starters.

Mason Kolean, a RHP who transferred to UConn from Bowling Green, recently disappeared off the the fall player roster. However, the roster that was available at the event today listed him as the Team Manager, so while his is not a player, he is still a part of the team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Quite a few former UConn players of recent vintage were at Alumni Day today. This is hardly a complete list, but they include:

Troy Stefanski
Chris Winkel
Paul Gozzo
Brian Daniello
Anthony Nucerino
Conor Moriarty
Randy Polonia
CJ Dandeneau
Kenny Haus
Caleb Wurster

Reaction Score
Normally the team awards from last season are tweeted out, and @huskymedic is very dependable at posting them here on the Boneyard. Because of this, I didn't bother writing them down as they were being announced today. Of course, this time they have not yet been tweeted out on the UConn baseball twitter feed, and I can't quite remember specific awards. I will say that it that Kyler Fedko, Caleb Wurster, and Randy Polonia seemed to be cleaning up on these various awards.

Reaction Score
It was hardly a shock before the Alumni game that one of the guys throwing batting practice was Andy Baylock. Coach Penders mentioned that Coach Baylock regularly throws batting practice for ECSU baseball as well. Of course, Coach Baylock also throws batting practice for past Norwich teams in the minor leagues, and their current team in the Futures League as well. It wouldn't surprise me if there are a few other places in eastern Connecticut that he appears at as well.

Reaction Score
Here's the article from yesterday's Alumni Game. I must say it was a fun day with amazing weather.

Kind of embarrassing that I missed this initially when I posted the same thing a few minutes later. Oh well.

Reaction Score
View attachment 69995 Turbo is considering a coupe and have his face painted on cf instead.

After the barbecue lunch I was walking around and came upon Turbo outside the lunch tent. I called my wife over, as she is a huge dog lover. Turbo gave my wife a quick sniff. I mentioned to Turbo's handler at the time (I'm assuming it was you) that we have a German Shepherd at home. I would not be surprised if you don't remember that quick encounter. At any rate, Turbo certainly appeared to be enjoying himself at the event.

Reaction Score
After the barbecue lunch I was walking around and came upon Turbo outside the lunch tent. I called my wife over, as she is a huge dog lover. Turbo gave my wife a quick sniff. I mentioned to Turbo's handler at the time (I'm assuming it was you) that we have a German Shepherd at home. I would not be surprised if you don't remember that quick encounter. At any rate, Turbo certainly appeared to be enjoying himself at the event.
I do remember the encounter. You are correct it was me and while I checked in I had my son Erik hold him for me. Turbo had a blast there and loved chasing foul balls.
Love German Shepherds, unfortunately my allergies force me to the hypoallergenic golden doodle.
Please feel free to introduce yourself next time you see me at Elliot. I will be sans canine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom