UConn bars in Tampa | The Boneyard

UConn bars in Tampa

Reaction Score
Any UConn fans in the Tampa area know of any UConn prominent bars? My friends will be down there for the Kansas game (I’ll be in Kansas) and want to know if there will be any bars to catch the game at that Friday.

Reaction Score
Any UConn fans in the Tampa area know of any UConn prominent bars? My friends will be down there for the Kansas game (I’ll be in Kansas) and want to know if there will be any bars to catch the game at that Friday.
Never found any when I was down there for a year but @Tampahusky may know

Reaction Score
Never seen one, college basketball is not a thing down here until March Madness. People don’t even talk much basketball honestly. Football and hockey. …. A lot of Buffalo Bills bar though surprisingly lol
Yeah agreed. I knew multiple Bills fans at my gym back then too haha

Reaction Score
I live in Tampa and there is not a Husky bar but depending upon where you are staying I may be able to recommend a good place to watch

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I live in Clearwater and don't know of any UConn bars in Tampa. There is Colony Grill outpost on Central Ave in St Pete. We go there a lot and many of the waiters worked/lived in Stamford and Fairfield. Three TVs but no big screens but the pizza is good

Reaction Score
There’s also a Colony Grill in Midtown Tampa. I’ve never watched a game there but I’ve met other former CT residents every time I’ve been there. You can try that, but if it’s slow there’s a sports bar names Walk Ons across the street in the same complex. That’s a good place to watch a game. They have decent food with plenty of beers on tap.

There is a Tampa/St Pete alumni chapter on fb. I don’t know if they organize watch parties though.

I would not recommend watching the game in Ybor because they don’t really have a good place to watch a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
In Tampa this weekend visiting my son and we watched the UConn-Tennessee football rout at Glory Days off Bruce B Downs. Glory Days is a chain sports bar down here with awful food but tons of giant TVs showing multiple games and plenty of beers and other drinks.

Reaction Score
. …. A lot of Buffalo Bills bar though surprisingly lol

Not really once you consider all that snow in Buffalo, and then think about where those folks might want to go when they retire.

Couple of years ago on vacation, was riding bikes with my wife on Anna Marie island, and we stopped by a pleasant looking tiki bar for a refreshment. Turns out it was a Packers bar. The game was on, and they had special Green Bay covers over the bar stool backs. Bunch of Green Bay retirees were going completely wild, and after every score someone would walk around distributing yellow and green Jell-O shots.
We were quickly welcomed into the fold and had a blast.

While there, I thought about all those Green Bay winters everyone must have endured, and the whole scene suddenly made a lot of sense.

Reaction Score
I’m in Lakeland. No Tampa bars I know of, but will have 16 CT guys down for a golf trip if you want to roll out and watch the game with some fans

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This thread and the Charlotte one are pretty funny. There aren't even any UConn bars in suburban Boston. Find a good sports bar and I think the UConn - KU game would rate TV time at almost any of them. You can always call ahead, especially if you bring a group.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom