UConn Bar in Chicago? | The Boneyard

UConn Bar in Chicago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is there such a thing? (especially near the Hyatt REgency?) Or do I just find a place to watch the game?

Reaction Score
Is there such a thing? (especially near the Hyatt REgency?) Or do I just find a place to watch the game?

BL... Give Jake Melnick's Corner Tap up @ 41 E. Superior St a call and see if they will have game on. It's about a 5 minute cab ride away up the Magic Mile. It was very UConn friendly when staying in Chicago before ND game a few years back and another time in the fall in 2013?

Reaction Score
Mother Hubbard's is a good dive/sports bar just north of the river at Hubbard and N State. Cheap beer, decent food, lots of TV's. Its a Chicago sports bar; but, have never had problems as a Yankees nor UConn fan there.

Reaction Score
BL... Give Jake Melnick's Corner Tap up @ 41 E. Superior St a call and see if they will have game on. It's about a 5 minute cab ride away up the Magic Mile. It was very UConn friendly when staying in Chicago before ND game a few years back and another time in the fall in 2013?
Yup, there is no UConn bar per se but Melnick's has held some UConn events in the past. Try the scorpion wings, you need to sign a waiver.

Reaction Score
Yup, there is no UConn bar per se but Melnick's has held some UConn events in the past. Try the scorpion wings, you need to sign a waiver.

After catching a Lugnuts game, I had a scorpion bowl once in East Lansing on a business trip in between graduating UConn and getting married. Would not mind singing whatever allowed me to have one of those again. Woke-up the next day in a college dorm room with a young brunette co-ed wrapped around me while watching her very cute Asian roommate run around in her birthday best getting ready for class.

Reaction Score

I have no idea if this is a good place to watch a game, but go here, and bring tons of UConn friends: http://www.fogodechao.com/location/rosemont

(That restaurant is on the ground floor of the B1G's new headquarters. Be sure to tip well and leave a strong impression so that they're talking about you on Monday...)

Reaction Score
After catching a Lugnuts game, I had a scorpion bowl once in East Lansing on a business trip in between graduating UConn and getting married. Would not mind singing whatever allowed me to have one of those again. Woke-up the next day in a college dorm room with a young brunette co-ed wrapped around me while watching her very cute Asian roommate run around in her birthday best getting ready for class.

Rest assured that if I go to Melnicks, it will not be because I'm primarily concerned about how UConn plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom