UConn back to relevance... | The Boneyard

UConn back to relevance...

Reaction Score
after a minor pause. All I can say is barring injury we are back to top 25 relevance this year and next couple years at least I think. Yes we have some reaches in the frontcourt but I wouldn't call Diarra & Carlton reaches ( on paper at least). We have a really nice roster this year and we have AG, Akinjo, CV running backcourt next year and beyond. All is not great but we have a strong pulse. I can't wait for November to get this going again!

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Carlton is close to being a reach imo, and tho Diarra was Top 100, he has knee problems that can't be ignored. I do agree however though, we are a top 25 team and have set up ourselves for the future a little better than things were looking 4 months ago

Reaction Score
Things look much better, but looks need to translate into W's. No matter, the success of this year is huge for the program. Doesn't have to be FF success or close, just needs to be driving in the right direction.

Reaction Score
You're right, Geno had a young team last year. I fully expect an undefeated National Championship team. Oops, sorry, wrong thread....

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Things look much better, but looks need to translate into W's. No matter, the success of this year is huge for the program. Doesn't have to be FF success or close, just needs to be driving in the right direction.

Agree, anything short of making the tourney will be an absolute catastrophic failure

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Wait!

We can't be relevant. The problem was so deep and so big that basketball itself would end. After we fired our coach we might have had a shot of competing with Saint John's

But Ollie and the useless coaches he brought in were far too marred to ever recruit again. Plus, the NC was a fluke. The man can't coach.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Carlton is close to being a reach imo, and tho Diarra was Top 100, he has knee problems that can't be ignored. I do agree however though, we are a top 25 team and have set up ourselves for the future a little better than things were looking 4 months ago

The last reach we had a center had one other DI offer (La Salle) and barely any experience with the game...I may be alone on this island, but I'm okay with the gradual improvement with a "reach" having a handful of P5/A10 offers and experience playing for one of the best HS programs in the country.

Reaction Score
Wait!

We can't be relevant. The problem was so deep and so big that basketball itself would end. After we fired our coach we might have had a shot of competing with Saint John's

But Ollie and the useless coaches he brought in were far too marred to ever recruit again. Plus, the NC was a fluke. The man can't coach.
Practice tip - sarcasm works much better when subtle.

Reaction Score
Wait!

Really? Ok I guess someone had to bring it up might as well be you D76 lol......you forgot about Brimah's hoop and 1 what's wrong with you. And of course the 65 footer by Jalen and....oh well now we can all get along until we lose our first game with Larrier and Alterique playing.

Reaction Score
after a minor pause. All I can say is barring injury we are back to top 25 relevance this year and next couple years at least I think. Yes we have some reaches in the frontcourt but I wouldn't call Diarra & Carlton reaches ( on paper at least). We have a really nice roster this year and we have AG, Akinjo, CV running backcourt next year and beyond. All is not great but we have a strong pulse. I can't wait for November to get this going again!

I love your glass half full theory. But I think we have a long ways before we are
relevant

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wait!

Is this March 2017???????????????????
Isn't is amazing how all the chatter has been quieted about KO being a lousy recruiter, unable to relate to players, a damaged religious man, and someone so distraught from his divorce that he might be on a suicide watch.
Two kids can turn a basket case into a D1 coach - wow
Some of these people amaze me

Reaction Score
Isn't is amazing how all the chatter has been quieted about KO being a lousy recruiter, unable to relate to players, a damaged religious man, and someone so distraught from his divorce that he might be on a suicide watch.
Things happened over the past
couple of years that you clearly aren't aware of, yet you continue with this routine.

It seems Ollie has made some positive changes and we are trending right but we aren't out of the woods yet.

Reaction Score
When we lose Carey and/or Nembhard they'll get the band back together.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Isn't is amazing how all the chatter has been quieted about KO being a lousy recruiter, unable to relate to players, a damaged religious man, and someone so /QUOTE]

He was clubbing!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
whew, just when I thought we were doomed, new life

thank god :cool:

C

Chief00

You know Chief he likes the fundamentals more than highlight film dunks - but now that I have seen Williams twice, I really think at some point he could be a pretty special player. He needs seasoning but he passes the eye test.

Reaction Score
You know Chief he likes the fundamentals more than highlight film dunks - but now that I have seen Williams twice, I really think at some point he could be a pretty special player. He needs seasoning but he passes the eye test.
You know, besides Chief, no one cares what Chief thinks

Reaction Score
OP, I love the enthusiasm but I don't quite see a definite top 25 team. Remember both Wilson and Akinjo are for next year. I still see 3 players coming back from injuries, one being a reoccurring issue. A weak front court on paper and just a lot more question marks than answers. Now if JA explodes I believe they can be top 25 but I think squeezing into the Tourney is highest measure for this team. Just don't feel confident in them but I will still bleed blue and white and hope they can do better than I expect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom