UConn Back at the Garden Next Year | The Boneyard

UConn Back at the Garden Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
should be a couple of really good games, and all of those schools will travel well. really hope we don't play UVA, because I don't want to have to test my loyalty.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
This is just one game against Maryland, correct?
Correct, just one game against Maryland. Just like the NC St. game a couple years back.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
UVA's attendance will rival us in MSG. I was at the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 and they had a monster showing for their loss vs. Michigan State. There was a sea of Orange and they were loud which was why I didn't want to draw them the next round

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
UVA's attendance will rival us in MSG. I was at the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 and they had a monster showing for their loss vs. Michigan State. There was a sea of Orange and they were loud which was why I didn't want to draw them the next round

Apparently, there are a bunch of well-off UVA alumns in NYC. And they drew a crowd being the #1 seed. By the time their game started, many already had quite a few drinks contributing to them being loud. I was surprised by the their crowd. By the way, what's with the chants "Lets go Hoos" ?

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Apparently, there are a bunch of well-off UVA alumns in NYC. And they drew a crowd being the #1 seed. By the time their game started, many already had quite a few drinks contributing to them being loud. I was surprised by the their crowd. By the way, what's with the chants "Lets go Hoos" ?
Wah Hoos is a student body originated chant. I noticed this during MNF & SNF player introductions for former UVA players. They would always say Wah Hoos.

I tried finding a meaning behind it but there is none...apparently their offical chant is "Wah Hoo Wah", whatever in the hell that's supposed to mean

Reaction Score
it's a school thing. we don't go by cavaliers we go by the wahoos (hoos for short) on campus/grounds. It goes way back to a football game against harvard or someone and their fans said we were acting like a bunch of wahoos and it stuck. students like to tell everyone that a wahoo is a fish that can drink twice its own weight

Also, we send a lot of alums to DC and NYC from the comm school. Its not as much as Duke, but there's a pretty strong showing of students from the mid-atlantic area

Reaction Score

It helped that they were sort of a "Dream Season" run like we had in 1990 - so everyone was on the bandwagon. They hadn't had that much success in a long time.

Reaction Score
I also think that UVA had their best team in a long time and UVA fans were starved to see their team get to the Final Four for the first time since 1984. They hadn't even been to the Sweet 16 since 1995. To put that in perspective last year's appearance at MSG was the 10th time UConn had been to the Sweet 16 since the 1996 NCAA Tournament. 10 > 1 by a lot!

Was looking up those stats while Gurleyman posted the similar thought.

Reaction Score
I also think that UVA had their best team in a long time and UVA fans were starved to see their team get to the Final Four for the first time since 1984. They hadn't even been to the Sweet 16 since 1995. To put that in perspective last year's appearance at MSG was the 10th time UConn had been to the Sweet 16 since the 1996 NCAA Tournament. 10 > 1 by a lot!

Was looking up those stats while Gurleyman posted the similar thought.

Great minds think alike. Of course, so do mediocre minds.

The Michigan State game was sort of a reminder of the way things used to be when Huskymania was overflowing in the 90's and early 00's. Back then, we were waving at the team bus from freeway overpasses and St. John's was amending their ticket policy just to keep us from dominating their home games with blue. I think we got complacent at some point and now can only be bothered to be manic when there's something really big at stake.

Reaction Score
NY law firms are loaded with UVA grads.

Reaction Score
isnt it just one game vs umd?

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
isnt it just one game vs umd?
Yea just one game vs UMD but was just saying that UVA NYC Alums will be well represented in the arena

Reaction Score
That's "Hos".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC