UConn Attendance | The Boneyard

UConn Attendance

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As we head into Sunday's big game in Hartford at the XL Center and the probable 15,000+ fans, I want to send out a "feel-good" message to this years team: This year's home game attendance average will be the most since 2009. Our home game average should surpass 10,400 on Sunday, which surpasses the 2018 (10,026) and 2010 (10,182) and closes in on 2009 (10,529).

For all the romancing of the Stewart Era (2013-2016), the fan simply did not go out in person to watch. This year's team sans Paige has clearly won the hearts, minds and wallets of the UConn denizens! Well-earned I say, WELL EARNED!
UConn attend.png

Reaction Score
As we head into Sunday's big game in Hartford at the XL Center and the probable 15,000+ fans, I want to send out a "feel-good" message to this years team: This year's home game attendance average will be the most since 2009. Our home game average should surpass 10,400 on Sunday, which surpasses the 2018 (10,026) and 2010 (10,182) and closes in on 2009 (10,529).

For all the romancing of the Stewart Era (2013-2016), the fan simply did not go out in person to watch. This year's team sans Paige has clearly won the hearts, minds and wallets of the UConn denizens! Well-earned I say, WELL EARNED!
View attachment 83790
Any idea of the number of games at the civic center vs 2009 and prior.

Reaction Score

View attachment 83790
Which only proves that Uconn has the MOST loyal fans in the country. If I lived within 50 miles of the campus ,I would be a season ticket buyer. The atmosphere of a live game can't be beat. Unfortunately I live over a 1000 miles away and have to rely on MSL243 for seeing the games not on national TV. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I am a season ticket holder at both XL and Gampel, and having the opportunity to see this wonderful team in action in person is truly special.

I think that the attendance this year is also helped by the fact that South Carolina will be the sixth home game played on either a Saturday or a Sunday. (Would have had seven but DePaul was rescheduled from a Sunday to a Monday, but ticket sales for that game may have been higher in any event.)

Four of them - NC State, Georgetown, Villanova and South Carolina - at XL.

Weekend games are generally easier for the typical young/old UConn WBB demographic to get to. Example, a busload of kids from Canada came to see Aaliyah play against Butler on Saturday January 21 at Gampel.

One factor that likely kept attendance down during the Stewie years was the joining of the AAC in 2013. Nice if you like guaranteed wins, but no rivalries and very little suspense.

Reaction Score

View attachment 83790
With all the growth in the women’s game in the past 20 years, these numbers just show how far ahead of the times the UCONN faithful were. Pulling 8-13k fans every year for more than 20 years is darn impressive!

Reaction Score
I am a season ticket holder at both XL and Gampel, and having the opportunity to see this wonderful team in action in person is truly special.

I think that the attendance this year is also helped by the fact that South Carolina will be the sixth home game played on either a Saturday or a Sunday. (Would have had seven but DePaul was rescheduled from a Sunday to a Monday, but ticket sales for that game may have been higher in any event.)

Four of them - NC State, Georgetown, Villanova and South Carolina - at XL.

Weekend games are generally easier for the typical young/old UConn WBB demographic to get to. Example, a busload of kids from Canada came to see Aaliyah play against Butler on Saturday January 21 at Gampel.

One factor that likely kept attendance down during the Stewie years was the joining of the AAC in 2013. Nice if you like guaranteed wins, but no rivalries and very little suspense.
Good point on the AAC during the Stewie era. I was wondering why those numbers seemed lower. This year's numbers are particularly encouraging considering what horrible news we had regarding Paige and Ice before the season even started, and it bodes well for next year when we expect those players back.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
The extreme dedication of these girls this year is astounding considering the number of players not in uniform. I am so proud of them and what they have accomplished this year, and they deserve our support more than ever. They are playing for us, and we have to show them how we feel about them. These girls are holding down the fort until the cavalry returns for support, and this team will always be one of my favorites. Go Huskies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom