UConn Athletics Website | The Boneyard

UConn Athletics Website

Reaction Score
WTF is going on here ? Weird thing is, go to literally ANY college athletics website and they're all exactly the same. The only thing that's different is the mascot logo and the school colors.

The website is completely unusable junk. At one point I thought it was because they're designing these sites for mobile phones, but I actually tried to use their site on my phone the other day, and that's even worse.

Who the hell sold the NCAA (I guess ?) a bill of goods on this ? Amazing.

They continue to change the site, but every iteration makes it less and less usable. I'm baffled.

Reaction Score
WTF is going on here ? Weird thing is, go to literally ANY college athletics website and they're all exactly the same. The only thing that's different is the mascot logo and the school colors.

The website is completely unusable junk. At one point I thought it was because they're designing these sites for mobile phones, but I actually tried to use their site on my phone the other day, and that's even worse.

They continue to change the site, but every iteration makes it less and less usable. I'm baffled.
Not once have I ever had an issue with the UConn site. What seems to be the problem?

Reaction Score
I thought something went terribly wrong so I just went on the web site. Looks the same. Looks like 99% of the NCAA D1 athletic web sites I've been on. What exactly don't you like?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Do you have it setup for the mobile app on your phone???

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I actually find it to be a pain in the ass too. But I think I visit the site once every two or three years.

Reaction Score
It sucks because its owned by a Syracuse Company SideArm Sport. which is owned by Learfield. They have over 1000 colleges in their portfolio. So, all 1000 must run on a similar platform.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Turn off your ad blocker and pop up blocker. Come and report back.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Live look-in:

old-man-on-computer.jpg

Reaction Score
The website is terrible. It lags a ton, does the dreaded 99% load and then shift the page down as you're clicking it, thing. There are middle school kids who would put together a more functional site.

Reaction Score
Yeah, hysterical.

I bet you morons enjoy the weather channel site, err, I mean the pics and video clickbait site Weather.com, too.

Reaction Score
It sucks because its owned by a Syracuse Company SideArm Sport. which is owned by Learfield. They have over 1000 colleges in their portfolio. So, all 1000 must run on a similar platform.
THIS is the info I was looking for. I wonder how this arrangement came to be.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
THIS is the info I was looking for. I wonder how this arrangement came to be.

Guy started a company that caught a break when SU had to find someone to take over their athletic website after the previous contractor went belly-up.

If you can do one, you can do them all....and that's basically what they did. They run 90% of DI athletic sites from an office on the Syracuse campus.

I'm not crazy about the sites - they seem to all break in the weirdest ways - but it's a great story about getting a small opportunity and running like hell with it.

Reaction Score
They run 90% of DI athletic sites from an office on the Syracuse campus.

I'm not crazy about the sites - they seem to all break in the weirdest ways - but it's a great story about getting a small opportunity and running like hell with it.

Websites – SIDEARM Sports

who services the other 10%? are their sites better?

Reaction Score
Have problems transferring tickets from time to time - have to reset or use something other than Chrome. It is not good tech.

Reaction Score
NAvigtion on the site went to hell a few weeks ago. Must be a software / app change. Bring back the old one.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah, hysterical.

I bet you morons enjoy the weather channel site, err, I mean the pics and video clickbait site Weather.com, too.

The Weather Channel App literally updated two days ago.

Old one was crappy but I knew how to navigate it. Not happy.

Reaction Score
Have problems transferring tickets from time to time - have to reset or use something other than Chrome. It is not good tech.
Happened to me last week. Also why do we have to pay a fee to transfer tickets????

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Guy started a company that caught a break when SU had to find someone to take over their athletic website after the previous contractor went belly-up.

If you can do one, you can do them all....and that's basically what they did. They run 90% of DI athletic sites from an office on the Syracuse campus.

StatBroadcast's basically the same story, but change out Syracuse for Arizona State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom