UConn athletics facing significant reduction in revenue from coronavirus cuts | The Boneyard

UConn athletics facing significant reduction in revenue from coronavirus cuts

Reaction Score

Within the article...

>>The UConn football schedule starts Sept. 3, so if students are not allowed to return to campus, gather and practice by midsummer, the start will be in doubt. Benedict has said UConn is close to a TV deal for its football program, and that remains on track.

“Those conversations are happening still,” he said, “and I don’t see any change in activity. We’re still on the path we’ve been on for a while now. We’re not making a decision or an agreement for next year, this is a long-term decision and partnership we’re looking at. It may be impacted next year, but we all expect in some point in time to get back to relatively normal activity.”<<

Reaction Score
I thought they would give Randy maybe two years to get to 4 or 5 wins (i.e., a modest upward trend from the depths of hell) but given the budget implosion caused by the Wuhan virus, I think they let everything go if it's a 3 or even 4 win season this year. No 2021. I hope not, but the state budget deficit will look bad for the University across all programs, especially a money loser.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
The $$$ will be tight everywhere...David Cobutn..FSU AD:

The athletics department, which already has seen all spring sports canceled, is also working on several scenarios for what the athletics department budget could look like for the 2020-21 academic year.

"I don't think any of them will be pretty," Coburn told the trustees during a video teleconference. "One of them will be a scenario without football. And I would just say God help us if that is the scenario."

Coburn said ACC schools lost an estimated $2.2 million to $2.5 million apiece due to the cancellations of the conference and NCAA basketball tournaments. The losses would be in the tens of millions without football, which funds the majority of sports in college athletics budgets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom