UConn at UCLA Replay | The Boneyard

UConn at UCLA Replay

Reaction Score
I didnt like seeing 2 or 3 UCLA players Leave the line before shaking hands wih Geno. At the next practice One of two things would have happened. Those players would have done suicides until I got tired or they would stand next to me while their teammates ran until I got tired. First one would have gone on for awhile. Second one shorter but the team would have gotten all over them and make sure that never happened again. Both ways worked for me. It is all about respect!

Reaction Score
Thanks so much for posting since I forgot to set the DVR last night! It was a great game with a little bit of poor sportsmanship at the end there in the handshake line. Oh well.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I didnt like seeing 2 or 3 UCLA players Leave the line before shaking hands wih Geno. At the next practice One of two things would have happened. Those players would have done suicides until I got tired or they would stand next to me while their teammates ran until I got tired. First one would have gone on for awhile. Second one shorter but the team would have gotten all over them and make sure that never happened again. Both ways worked for me. It is all about respect!

I mised that, but I'm sorry to hear that. My hope is that CC would not approve

Reaction Score
I live in LA/Seattle and I am very sorry to see those UCLA players' rude behavior. I have never seen this from UCLA players before. I wish this is only some mis-communications.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
OK, so I just watched the replay, and here’s what I think happened. Geno hugged Gabby at the end of the game and, at the same time, talked to her at some length, probably about her reaction to some of the calls by the officials. While Geno was talking to Gabby, the handshake line got started without him.

Geno usually leads the line, but in this instance it was lead by the assistant coaches, with Geno at the very back of the line behind all the players. It looked to me like some of the younger UCLA players reached the end of the UConn players and headed to their locker room, not realizing that Geno was at the back of the pack.

IMO, there was no disrespect intended. To suggest otherwise is not fair to UCLA.

Reaction Score
Screenshot (10).png
Those are the screen shots. After Geno shaked hand with #25, #0 walked away even she knew Geno was on the line. Later #32 did the same thing, walked away even there are player before and after her. You can see by yourself starting at 1:12:12.

Reaction Score
Watch #32 leaving even players before and after her shaked hand with Geno.....

Screenshot (11).png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
View attachment 26383 Those are the screen shots. After Geno shaked hand with #25, #0 walked away even she knew Geno was on the line. Later #32 did the same thing, walked away even there are player before and after her. You can see by yourself starting at 1:12:12.
Looked inadvertent to me by a freshman from Australia, #0, and then I suspect 32 just followed her lead. I’m certainly willing to give them the balance of the doubt.

Also, Geno’s really short. After shaking hands with a bunch of tall women, it’s pretty easy to overlook the short Italian guy at the end of the line.

Reaction Score
Looked inadvertent to me by a freshman from Australia, #0, and then I suspect 32 just followed her lead. I’m certainly willing to give them the balance of the doubt.

Also, Geno’s really short. After shaking hands with a bunch of tall women, it’s pretty easy to overlook the short Italian guy at the end of the line.
Agree with you. May be we should buy this for Geno's Christmas gift?

_65445024_p06-0013-adetail1.jpg

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
blame Geno, normally the coach is leading the line, Geno got caught up with Gabby (I think) so the other coaches went ahead of him... which threw everything out of wack. lets stop acting like folks are always slighting UConn/Geno or must kiss their a**. geesh, UConn won the game, stuff happens.

why don't UConn players help the other team up when they knock them down/foul? thats so rude :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
blame Geno, normally the coach is leading the line, Geno got caught up with Gabby (I think) so the other coaches went ahead of him... which threw everything out of wack. lets stop acting like folks are always slighting UConn/Geno or must kiss their a**. geesh, UConn won the game, stuff happens.

why don't UConn players help the other team up when they knock them down/foul? thats so rude :rolleyes:
Actually, at 4:50 of the 3rd quarter when Canada went sprawling out of bounds for a loose ball, Napheesa was the nearest player and she reached down to help her up.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

LOL :rolleyes:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Napheesa went to help up a ND player but suddenly turned away... not sure if she had 2nd thoughts, team called her over or the ND player refused (she was eventually helped up by her teammates)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom