UCONN at PC 3/15/13 | The Boneyard

UCONN at PC 3/15/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Currently losing 2-3 in the Top of the 3rd. LJ with a solo shot in the first.

UConn could have had a bigger inning in the first. Verdi led off with a hit by pitch, stole second. Ferriter lined out. Then Verdi was thrown out trying to steal third. Mazzilli than hit his homer, and I was ready to throw the radio half way across the room.
I certainly don't mind aggressive base running, but stealing third is a great strategy as long as you don't get caught, as it costs you a runner that is already in scoring position. UConn base runners seem to get caught stealing third way more then they should to make it worthwhile, at least for my taste. Still, I expect Verdi and Ferriter to continue stealing second and third every chance they get.

Reaction Score
Anybody know Presbetarian's W-L record, and whom they may have beaten?

Reaction Score
Presbyterian wins 6-4. UConn loaded up the bases in the 9th, but Mazzilli flew out to the warning track to end it. Despite all that went wrong with fielding and base running errors, UConn made a comeback towards of the game and had a big threat going on before the game ended. They rarely go down easily, and I like that.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Tough loss with all the errors and almost big hits late. The double play in the 8th was a killer. Line drive up the middle deflects off the pitchers glove right to a middle infielder. Tough break. Verdi also lined out hard at the SS to lead off the inning. If those line drives go a foot to the left or right and maybe things go differently. Also pretty sure the wind was blowing in all day... warning track shot easily could have gone out if that wasn't the case.

If they didn't commit so many errors they wouldn't have had to try to cut a 4 run deficit in the last two innings. That's the ultimate take away from this game. Gotta come back strong the rest of the weekend and win this series.

Reaction Score
Game Notes:- Friday’s game was the first between the two programs.
- UConn has won just one game of its last nine in the state of South Carolina, beginning with the 2011 NCAA Super Regional at USC.
- UConn’s six hits is the third lowest team total of the season.
- LJ Mazzilli’s eight-game hitting streak is the second longest of the season by a Husky; Eric Yavarone hit in each of the first nine games.
- Mazzilli tied for the team-lead with his fourth multi-RBI game of the season.
- Vinny Siena has reached base in all 14 games this season, while Bobby Melley has reached base in each of the last 10 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom